mystery harness

dvaet

okay guys so i have a 1971 datsun 510 when i bought the car it had an L20 motor in it. i am in the process of replacing that with a 1993 ka24de i purchased the CAN/AM box to run the ka harness off of. my problem now is that my factory datsun harness is cut up and i have not been able to find a wiring diagram that matches. the closes one i found had 3 or 4 different color wires in the plugs. if i am not able to make my harness work i found one on line that is from a datsun 1600 this harness comes with the engine harness the fuse block and the dash harness. but i would really like to use my own harness and save some cash. on the the pics.

SDC10637.jpg

SDC10641.jpg

SDC10644.jpg

SDC10649.jpg

SDC10650.jpg

SDC10651.jpg

SDC10654.jpg

end of harness

SDC10656.jpg

close up of the end of harness

SDC10661.jpg

any help you guys can give me would be great. or maybe their is someone i can send my harness and can/am box to to hook it up and fix my harness for a small fee.

thanks in advance.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i need a wiring diagram that works none of the ones i have looked into have matched up. or will the 1600 complete harness i found work? it has 4 wires coming from the fuse block instead of the 3 that come from mine.

A word of caution. When you buy parts identified by the seller as for "Datsun 1600" it means either the 1600 FairLady Roadster or the first generation 510 sedan, depending on the seller and the parts manual used. In the extreme, idiots look at the trunk lid of a RL411 SSS, see the engine size designator "Datsun 1600" and think they have "1600 parts", just adds to the confusion. Hope you got the right harness, good luck with it.

It looks like half a harness to me. It looks suspiciously like half an engine room harness, but heck that might be half the dash harness minus most of the gauge cluster wires.

In fact, no, I'm positive that's part of an engine room harness.

Top pic is the fuse box with one (the small one) plug still there.

Pic #2 is the electric choke relay plug

Pic #3 is the Headlight Relay plug

Pic #4 is Voltage Regulator plug

Pic #5 is, well, not sure about that one. Could be for the emissions and engine control relays. Doesn't LOOK like the fuse box one except it has a big black/white stripe wire which is the main battery line, so maybe it is the fuse box wire.

Everything else is what was chopped off. Engine control (choke heater, etc), sensors, alternator, ignition, etc etc. As I said, half a harness. Passenger side half.

thanks for all of your help guys. im trying to figure out what the cut wires went to and also the diagram for it so i can figure out how to put it back in. but before that i wanted to fix the large sections of wires that are burned and some of the plugs are a little melted so i was hoping to use a new plug for that. i will be using a ka24de so do i still need to use the stock datsun voltage regulator. thank you again guys