wtb datsun 510 rear drum brakes

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably better to go with disc in the rear since you have no brakes at all. You can find someone selling bracket to do disc conversion in rear using 240sx brakes or 200sx. I could sell you a used rear drum setup but your gonna have to rebuild it. By the time you buy used setup and get new parts to rebuild for a little extra you can get disc brakes. Depends on what you want to do?

Some of those drum parts are nearly non-existent...

Try asking for the springs and hardware kit for that 510. Just like my 610, NLA...

Like DREWSDIME said, go disc in the rear. I sourced everything for mine and have all new parts and spent about $400. You said you have nothing? Do you have the rear control arms? I only ask because if you have the arms, but the backing plates were brutally removed, it sounds like it was already underway for the disc conversion sometime in its life. Better to go that route than add good money after bad, as the backing plates can ONLY be installed if you remove the bearings, seals, and locknuts (adding another $150 to the number above :o )

I have a pair of 510 sedan rear drums and very rusty

backing plates that would be ok sandblasted and

repainted. Also have some adjusters and probably

the spring hardware, all used.

I have used sedan rear cylinders that are strictly

rebuildable cores.

If rear flex lines are NLA, the easiest solution is

to buy stainless Aeroquip type lines from Pegasus

Racing. They'll have correct end fittings available

in custom lengths.

You can also by just the bracket to disc brake conversion for about $100-$150 then you just need some calipers, rotors and brake lines. Im sure you could get that number closer to $300 if you got some used calipers and e brake lines, and new rotors and brake hoses. Depends on what your planning on doing? $600 seems like alot to me for some regular rear disc. i think you can get a wilwood setup for that price?

280Z's w/rear drums use the same hardware.

Really? Well, I could have saved a couple bucks with that knowledge...Oh well, I have discs already set up for the 610.

• 11 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.