Datsuns rolling?

Matt - I saw Reg Friday nite at his sister's graduation. I twisted his arm to take the 1200 to Canby. He said the TO bearing is out, but admitted it would be a quick fix. Jamie came over while we were talking, and said she didn't care if he went, although she might want to go with. But maybe she was just being nice in front of me. I warned Reg about the strippers and butt lice fascination, that when he got there, he might want to pretend he didn't know anyone from E WA/E OR!

If you talk him into going, tell him to throw in his pinstripping kit. Maybe he could make some beer/gas money.

I counted up. Between Reg, his dad, and me, we have at least 8 Datsuns, not counting parts cars. Three of them actually run. It would be cool to have one make it to Canby. I know it won't be my SX. I don't trust it out of the county.

If anyone is taking pics, take a few for me of the 610, 710, 1st gen 200SX, F10 types - the ones people don't usually take pics of.

Len

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take lots of pictures Len! I don't think I'll be talking Regy into going, the trip requires a bit of planning and I know it's not top of his mind. Plus I really don't think he should go without Jaime. Even if she doesn't care if he goes, I think she will care, and then I'll be a rat bastard for making him go! :D Don't want Jaime mad at me. I already tried to get him to buy that 610 wagon on craigslist, but I think he finally realized he didn't absolutely need it.

What do you mean you don't trust your 200sx? I'll bet it would make the trip there no problem!

I'll take lots of pictures Len! I don't think I'll be talking Regy into going, the trip requires a bit of planning and I know it's not top of his mind. Plus I really don't think he should go without Jaime. Even if she doesn't care if he goes, I think she will care, and then I'll be a rat bastard for making him go! :D Don't want Jaime mad at me. I already tried to get him to buy that 610 wagon on craigslist, but I think he finally realized he didn't absolutely need it.

What do you mean you don't trust your 200sx? I'll bet it would make the trip there no problem!

Ha, I think you saw through my plan. I wanted you to be the rat bastard and lead him astray, not me. But there is the danger the 1200 would have problems, his dad would have to go trailer it home, and we would both be in trouble with the whole family. Reg said what he really wants to do is get his one Honduh finished, then work on the rat rod. That is probably what he should do. Less stress on the new marriage.

Why did you have to mention the 610 goon? I keep trying to forget it. Don't need another car, really (I tell myself), don't need another car. And I'd rather have a 710 goon. I think they look better than a 610, although owning a 200SX and an F10, why do I care about looks?

I shouldn't say the SX couldn't make Canby. It would probably last longer than I would on the trip. Do they have an area at Canby with blue tarps around it for the really ugly Datsuns? Like you would have people sign a waiver before they went in to see the cars, saying they wouldn't sue if their eyesight was damaged. That is where my SX should be. It really looks like something that escaped from Pull n Save when they left the gate open. Actually, when I found it at a gypo dealer on E Sprague, he was surprised it was still on his lot. He thought it had already been hauled off to P&S.

Len

C'mon Len, convince the wife! You can do it! You can caravan with Bill and me! ;)

The only way I'll make it to Canby is if you promise not to look in your mirrors any time after Ritzville (that's where I can throw a rope on the back of your PU as you drive by). When you hit Canby towing an ugly SX and they will think the Beverly Hillbillies have rolled in. Hee Haw!

And now I would have to decide which ugly Datsun to take. I got the F10 running this afternoon for the first time in about a year! I'm pretty pleased. Now we have 4 of 8 running. .500 average would bring big bucks in baseball. So at the next City Council meeting when the subject of junk cars comes up, I won't have to slink down quite as low in my chair. I guess technically the 510 is running, at least until the float bowl empties. Gotta get the gas tank hooked up.

I can see I need a throttle cable for the F10. The housing is broken where it comes through the firewall. I'm guessing a 620 or Sentra cable will work. I hate throttle cables, ever since the one on the SX burned in two when the battery shorted out. Gimme a good stout linkage that can be haywired together if it breaks.

You might warn Joe to lock the door if he sees me coming. I'm sure he would love to have an F10 to relive his younger days.

Len

Hey guys, what are y'all thinkin for a meet up spot?? I was thinkin that when you guys hit I-84 go EAST 3 miles to exit #182. There is a nice truckstop there, Spaceage. There is a nice parking lot and we can grab lunch at the A&W thats there also. What do you think??

Oh ya only 4 DAYS TO GO!!!! :hyper:

Yea, is that like boardman oregon or somethin? That sounds fanfuckintastic to me! 4 days is gonna draaaaaag like hell too, but did get a lot of stuff wrapped up on the truck today, and just a little more prepacking prep work and we will be off and up out! Almost thinking of painting canby or bust on my rear window lol!

Sounds good, I'm still thinking 9 o'clock Bill. As for the A&W, I'll probably be bringing my lunch. My ass can't handle trucker food! :D

Okay, I see a Space Age Fuel truck stop looking thing, but it's on the 207 heading towards I-84. Is that the one you're talking about, or is there another? Looks like you can get off somewhere and catch 207, might be easier to take 82 to 84 then backtrack 2 miles.

Speaking of backtracking, the Stonehenge replica WWI memorial is in Maryhill, WA, and I definitely think if we're on the OR side of the Columbia headed to Canby, we need to take the 5 miles out of the way and get a picture of all of us at the Stonehenge site. It's tradition, or something! ;)

http://www.takemytrip.com/06glacier/06_07a.htm

I'm down with tradition! Yea matt 9 sounds good here......I was just thinkin boardman cause its the first stop as u get on the freeway to portland. I am down for wtf ever we decide.....I wish we all had cbs or telepathy to communicate tho.....if we all had passengers we could all text back and forth. What's oregons cell phone law?

My ass pucked just thinking about that. Shit, I'm eating so damn healthy now I'd probably be a vegan if I didn't like meat so much! :D From Mark Twain's "Letters From the Earth"

Constipation, oh constipation,

The joyful sound proclaim,

'Til man's remotest entrail,

Shall praise his maker's name!

;)

Oh Bill, there's a cb setup on craiglist for $50! Shit, I might have to get one. It's from the 27th, might still be up there. But it's only going to be cool if someone else has one!!

im eating so bad being on the go all the fuckin time........and since the divorce I am not cooking for 4 people and cooking for 1 sucks lol. Its all good, you will be corrupt by the time the weekend is over, I plan on doing pulled pork and a smoked brisket, jalapeno cheese bear smokies and many other tummy yummies! I packed my spare roll of tp in the datsun tonight too.....painted some stuff, shampooed my beautiful plaid seat and am getting ready to roll!

You have antennas too? I just sent a text to the guy on cl to see if he still had his setup. He only wanted $50 for the whole business, antenna and all. If I get one, you have to hook up on in your rig before the trip!

Guest DatsuNoob

im eating so bad being on the go all the fuckin time........and since the divorce I am not cooking for 4 people and cooking for 1 sucks lol. Its all good, you will be corrupt by the time the weekend is over, I plan on doing pulled pork and a smoked brisket, jalapeno cheese bear smokies and many other tummy yummies! I packed my spare roll of tp in the datsun tonight too.....painted some stuff, shampooed my beautiful plaid seat and am getting ready to roll!

steve-o.jpg

Sounds like I'm hangin out with Bill for a bit :D

Sometimes, but not often. That place isn't the best anymore. Lots of loser yard guys, management is full of nepotism. Plus I was getting bored towards the end, even though I was tin shop at Imports and had the sweet schedule. Sadly I probably made more money there than I'm making now! Ok, maybe not, but I need a career change as much as I like NAPA. Thinking about going back to school for a masters in education. Haven't decided yet. Just know I don't want to be in advertising despite the degree!