datsun trucks and powerful engines

Once again, a reminder of how much I love Ohio. :cool:

I've got absolutely no emissions equipment on a all 3 of my cars, and nobody cares the least bit. I can stuff whatever engine into whatever ramshackle jalopy I want, and drive it down the road. Our 24Hr of LeMons race car, which is a $500 hacked up deathtrap of a BMW 325es pickup-truck / giant chicken on wheels, is actually legal to drive down the highway to the races (and we've done it!). Sand rails and dune buggies too, no real restrictions. The only way you might have any trouble is if a cop actually sees your car falling apart and endangering the public, and will pull you over for it. One of my co-drivers got pulled over in the LeMons racecar because he was driving like a jackass for 'testing' around the neighborhood, and three cops hung out a while just to talk about the car and let him go. Ohhhhh, Ohio. Too bad the road salt eats all of our old cars. :huh:

3982545782_b29a0907e8.jpg

IMG_2055 by bennae, on Flickr

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gary put the FJ in !!!

when datnats rolls around we can meet up and have a race ;)

honestly its one of those things that you cant do one modification without the supporting modification to make the vehicle safer.

for example with mine (sr20det + GT3076R + OS Giken box + nismo detroit locker) it needed a brake upgrade + suspension upgrade to keep my mod plater happy... so on went late model 720 vented brakes + master and bilstein shocks and upgraded torsions + new refurbed steering box + every suspension and steering component new. the mod plater even went as far to advise of not putting a bench seat in and to get something with a bit of support for the driver.

if i had to do it all again i would have a nice built l series and something that is fun to drive and wont draw a second look for any police officer..

ill race ya anyway!

...ill lose, but ill race you all the same :lol:

its got an L20 now which is nice enough :D its pretty bouncy so traction is a bit funny but im fair happy with the power it has now, thats with both carbs very poorly tuned and one of them on the blink!

every now and then i just look at the FJ, damn its a cool lookin thing :lol: cant wait to get into the 510