5-speed Tranny- 3rd/4th gear popping out HELP!

Just went down to my garage to clean up, and was just checking out my L18 with the Suck-threw Turbo Setup and its got a 5-speed Tranny attached to it. But unfortunetly 3rd and 4th gear Pop out. Any places where I can find a Rebuild Kit for it? Also is this a Synchronized Tranny or None?

I want to deffinately try this motor out in my 210, but want a good working 5-speed before I start taking my engine/tranny out of it.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You a rebuild kit may or may not help you ,,,, gotta run the sucker to see what might help ,,, or pop it open and see what's going on/measure variances/check gears/etc ,,, take your time ,,, seriously Tranny's are not ALWAYS fixed by just putting in bearings and synchro's ,,, I had a burr stuck in the main center/support bearing plate ,,,, that hung up the ball-detent from locking 3rd gear in :blink: ( my guess is 3rd had been SHOVED into gear many a time ,,, ) :rolleyes:

You a rebuild kit may or may not help you ,,,, gotta run the sucker to see what might help ,,, or pop it open and see what's going on/measure variances/check gears/etc ,,, take your time ,,, seriously Tranny's are not ALWAYS fixed by just putting in bearings and synchro's ,,, I had a burr stuck in the main center/support bearing plate ,,,, that hung up the ball-detent from locking 3rd gear in :blink: ( my guess is 3rd had been SHOVED into gear many a time ,,, ) :rolleyes:

Well this engine came out off a Former 1972 510 Rally Car, so yeah the tranny has been beat on pretty hard im guessing. Yeah I guess I'll open it up and see what i'll find. I will get some pics maybe someone can tell me what Model/Year this tranny came out off.