73 Datsun 510

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is a true to life 1973 Datsun 510, then yes the value is there. If it is a '72, then no. How to tell the differences?

1) Fiber Optic backlit switch knobs for lights and windshield wipers

2) L18 motor with matching numbers

3) Vinyl interior

The '73 510 was only made from August 1972 into December 1972, so rarity does play a factor. And they were only 2 doors, a '73 510 sedan or wagon would be a flat out lie...

If it is a true to life 1973 Datsun 510, then yes the value is there. If it is a '72, then no. How to tell the differences?

3) Vinyl interior

The '73 510 was only made from August 1972 into December 1972, so rarity does play a factor. And they were only 2 doors, a '73 510 sedan or wagon would be a flat out lie...

Also don't forget the rear defrost back window.

All of these facts is why when I found a 73 a couple months ago I went and bought it, mainly at least around SW washington you don't see them

Also don't forget the rear defrost back window.

All of these facts is why when I found a 73 a couple months ago I went and bought it, mainly at least around SW washington you don't see them

Good Call...I completely forgot about that. Somewhere I have the Road & Track article from '73 for both the 510 and 610, and how similar they are for just the last five months of 1972.

3) Vinyl interior

Wow, so mine is a true 73 and rare huh?

It is not stock. I don't have an L18 with matching numbers and vinyl interior. And I have a 68 grill and 69 vents and an SR20DET swap.

But I have the fiber optics and defroster.:)

510CRSXMeet4-9-11.jpg

They didn't have bigger bumpers in 1973 they had big rubber overriders mounted where the small chrome ones where on the older ones. And as far as I know the 510 never came stock with the L-18 in the U.S. they had the L-16 but I believe the cin plate rated it at 100 hp not 96. If you look closely to the Pics of the car on ebay it does in fact have the 1973 bumpers.

if that question was to me........no I got a dark blue one from a named Noah if I remember correctly. Its a project car but it came with the orignal motor and a SR20DET

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.