internet Junk Yard report

reese

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have good deals but more often then not they get your order wrong, lol. My friend recently ordered a tranny from them for a truck and got the car tranny instead, I also ordered some parts for my long deceased frontier but the wrong year parts showed up. They always make it right but just be prepared for a lil agrivation. My friend works at a big time junkyard and tells me about the daily mistakes, so I can see how it happens. peace.

Yeah, and they have parts in the system from years ago, parts long sold... still worth trying, but don't get your hopes up until the part actually arrives. It has worked for many.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mklotz70

We all have datsuns in common, but only a few of the guys on here actually eat in them, sleep in them, and breathe. I love art too, but Datsun comes first. The datos are the canvas for now.....that canvas might change, but the datson will continue

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here is a junkyard report from My week long trip in Cali and Nevada over the last 10 days. First off, I cann't emphisize (sp) enough to You guys that parts are drying up. I hit Las Vegas' largest yard a week ago Friday and NOT ONE 620 there. The other yard I hit has been closed. Mark and I hit two San Diego yards a week ago today and NO 620s!! After leaving San Diego, I stopped by on Thursday in Bakersfield and BINGO, five 620s, a few Luvs and a bunch of Couriers!! I found 2 fan blades in plyable condition, a fan shroud, nice condition floormat (one piece!), Kingcab window gaskets, a dome light (complete) and a complete set of 521 hubcaps!! I am posting the photo below in case any of You ever wanted a stepside bed. It is on a LUV and will be half price starting Friday. The yard is on Union Avenue (5300 block).

LuvstepsideBk.jpg

I then hit the largest yard in Stockton and the only 620 I found was this.....

720-620morph.jpg

A 720/620 "morph"!!!!!!!!! Anyway, out of 5 very large yards, that was all I found. Now I'm glad that I have been stockpiling 620 parts!!

Yes. Absolutely. Consider that here in the Southwest, trucks will run in a much higher temperture range. It gets up to 125 degrees here annually. Couple that to the fact that the engine is 30 or so years old and keeping it cool is a must. I found when I was building My 1956 Ford panel that lots and lots of guys would toss the fan shroud to the degree that fiberglass ones were being offered and a stock metal one was pretty rare and worth quite a bit. Especially if it had not been altered. I am guessing that guys have done the same thing on Datsuns. As a shroud has to be fit around the blade during a waterpump replacement most shops or people would just toss them. Mark noticed when helping Me on Choptana that I had the wrong fan shroud. It was about an inch too narrow. There must be a different one for the clutch blade radiators.

The fan blades out here "crystialize" in the heat. Very hard to find a plyable one now. I buy every one I run across. Tell Me where in the world We are going to find one 10 to 20 years from now and how much are those going to cost?? Very important item for an aging truck. If You are going to toss Yours, at least offer them to another forum guy for shipping costs. Someone will definately appreciate it!!!