All you guys running MR2 inserts with your 280zx struts

I know i want to go with a 250lb spring rate but what i am having troubles finding answers to is which length springs did you go with? it looks like on the Ground Control set up they went with 8" springs but idk if that might be too long for the shorter shocks. If your running the MR2 inserts let me know what you went with and if there is anything you would change.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

200lbs/in would be fine for a normal height 510. Im extremely low. Im rubbing 185/60r14 tires on the top frame rail. Im sure most 510s cant say that. I think im gonna go with 450s... I have yet to bottom out my short stroke setup way low on my 7" springs so ull be fine

200lbs/in would be fine for a normal height 510. Im extremely low. Im rubbing 185/60r14 tires on the top frame rail. Im sure most 510s cant say that. I think im gonna go with 450s... I have yet to bottom out my short stroke setup way low on my 7" springs so ull be fine

I call bull ....... <_< ......... . I can put my crossmember on the ground and the tires still don't hit anything .... 225/40/16's:

DSCN1618.JPG

You guys must be running real low, I know I am as low as I want to go with 8" 225lbs springs and my collars are locked down 3" from the top. my wells are around 1" lower than the top of the front tires and I have good travel plus I am on 280zx inserts. Tires are 195/15/50

i picked up some 8" 250lb springs should be able to go as low as i want. im pretty much picking up all my stuff for my struts at once and that shit adds up... springs, new brakes, rotors, camber plate, sleeves, struts.. i still need to get some hubs. do you guys know if there is a difference in hubs between the 280zx years?