Datsun 710 parts wanted! bumper, dash, springs, misc.

Hi Everyone,

I tracked down a Datsun that is almost exactly the car I was looking for, except it needs a few parts. It is a 74 710 2-door hardtop.

I'll be driving the car from Sacramento down to Los Angeles and then all the way back to New York, so I could pick up the parts in person if you're somewhere inbetween California and New York! (also if anyone knows of a good junkyard with 710's, I'd be interested to hear about it.

PARTS I NEED:

front bumper for a 74 Hardtop.

rear leaf springs - they were de-arched, so now the car rides too low - the driveshaft bonks the driveline tunnel sometimes.

dashboard bezel - mine was cut up for a radio.

the panel that is between the rear seat and the rear window (I can't remember what it is called!)

5690142000_aef9a8e4e6.jpg

IMG_2340 by willkrause, on Flickr

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! Also, I was saving a set of 710 gauges that I found at a junkyard in Finland - complete with tachometer and metric speedometer, just in case I ever found myself a 710, but since this car already has a tach I won't be needing them. I could trade the gages for parts that I need.

Hi Everyone,

I tracked down a Datsun that is almost exactly the car I was looking for, except it needs a few parts. It is a 74 710 2-door hardtop.

I'll be driving the car from Sacramento down to Los Angeles and then all the way back to New York, so I could pick up the parts in person if you're somewhere inbetween California and New York! (also if anyone knows of a good junkyard with 710's, I'd be interested to hear about it.

PARTS I NEED:

front bumper for a 74 Hardtop.

rear leaf springs - they were de-arched, so now the car rides too low - the driveshaft bonks the driveline tunnel sometimes.

dashboard bezel - mine was cut up for a radio.

the panel that is between the rear seat and the rear window (I can't remember what it is called!)

5690142000_aef9a8e4e6.jpg

IMG_2340 by willkrause, on Flickr

Can you send photo parts 710 you need to me?I will find in my country.

The parts that I need are all of the "large and expensive to send" variety. Thanks for the offer though!

Can you send photo parts 710 you need to me?I will find in my country.

Looking at the rear bumper that is on that car now ....... . uh... . good luck finding a matching front chrome bumper

....... . that rear bumper was NEVER availible in the USA ...... . . I would need to see a picture of the front to see if a matching bumper would even fit

That's the stock 74 hardtop rear bumper in the picture - it is pretty much the same shape as the non-US bumper, so if the 5-mph bumper shocks are shortened it fits against the car's body pretty well.

Looking at the rear bumper that is on that car now ....... . uh... . good luck finding a matching front chrome bumper

....... . that rear bumper was NEVER availible in the USA ...... . . I would need to see a picture of the front to see if a matching bumper would even fit

Oh yeah- the crazy homemade dump truck 710!

Actually the bumper on that green car is in better shape than the one that is coming with my car. It looks like it has some twists, but could be bent back into shape. I'll check with Mike and see if it is close to him.

Here's a few pics of a locale 710, in Mikes thread....think the guy wants 200 bucks for it

http://community.rat...0/page__st__220

Oh yeah- the crazy homemade dump truck 710!

Actually the bumper on that green car is in better shape than the one that is coming with my car. It looks like it has some twists, but could be bent back into shape. I'll check with Mike and see if it is close to him.

You talking about the front bumper...?

Yeah - it looks like it got tweaked, but could be straightened. The one on my car was hit ,and it formed a pretty bad crease that weakened and ripped a little when the bumper was pulled straight, so the metal would need welding and rechroming to get it back in order. It will fit on the car until I find a replacement but it would be very expensive to repair.

You talking about the front bumper...?

Yeah - it looks like it got tweaked, but could be straightened. The one on my car was hit ,and it formed a pretty bad crease that weakened and ripped a little when the bumper was pulled straight, so the metal would need welding and rechroming to get it back in order. It will fit on the car until I find a replacement but it would be very expensive to repair.

Need to see a pic of your bumper....you have the 'smiley' version...????

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.