No 'low and slow' here, just a daily driver build.

DSC_5573.jpg

interior.png

front.png

I'm hoping to go pick up a new engine this weekend, as long as the price is right on it. Looking at a ca18det because it's so easy to install, and trying to find the right starter motor for the factory ca20e has been a HUGE pain. More to come soon.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have a 87 with the ca20 and i tell you what the motor was crap. but overall I loved the car but it needed more power for sure. but that looks like a great start cant wait to see what you do with this.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I'd like to point out that the s12 and the z31 are fighting for the title of 'ugliest fun car Nissan ever made' and right now, the s12 is winning. Despite that, I think it's a perfect daily driver platform.

Last night I prepped the engine for removal. It took a lot longer than I had initially expected, and kept me up 'till 3am. I'll get better pictures later, but I left off at the point where all that's left is to borrow a hoist and get it out of there.

DSC_7312.jpg

I think i no way ever is the S12 one of Nissan's ugliest cars.

Juke, Pulsar, Axcess, B12 Sentra. There are so many cars that wouldn't make the beauty pageant cut.

(BOOM! 521 posts. I'm gonna go drive my truck to celebrate!)

I think i no way ever is the S12 one of Nissan's ugliest cars.

Juke, Pulsar, Axcess, B12 Sentra. There are so many cars that wouldn't make the beauty pageant cut.

Sure there are others that aren't pretty. I'm also talking about cars that fall under my definition of "real cars" which are cars that have the capacity to go fast effectively. The Axxess is a minivan, that doesn't count for anything in any way. The Juke has no idea what it's trying to be. The b12 sentra ... well, I'll give you that one. Another casualty of 80's styling.

I think the Pulsar should come off that list. It's a good looking little car, and in AWD trim, can be quite a performer. I wish we had them here in the US, if only as donor cars. As soon as Nissan realized that the 80's were over, they turned it into a good-looking car, not unlike the early-90's Civics. These body lines sit just fine with me.:

dsweek04_pulsar_jc_10.JPG

If you ask me, the era of good-looking cars really ended with the 70's. The best thing Nissan ever did was give the s30 life. Just LOOK at those lines:

myron_511.jpg

I think they look like the Ae86 but with more flowing lines...

My point exactly.

i love me some s12

Henry and Yuta do some awesome builds, but they create nearly-undriveable cars that admittedly look awesome. I haven't seen Henry's s30, so I'm making a lot of assumptions about him right now (I'd be happy to be corrected). I will not sacrifice performance for looks. If my car's going to look interesting/appealing, it's gotta be faster than snot FIRST.

Those are just excessively-lowered cars, in my eyes (I don't mean to offend anyone here). They don't look like they know how to get out of their own way at all. This is the best change I've seen to an s12 to make it look better:

80044162.jpg

Sure there are others that aren't pretty. I'm also talking about cars that fall under my definition of "real cars" which are cars that have the capacity to go fast effectively. The Axxess is a minivan, that doesn't count for anything in any way. The Juke has no idea what it's trying to be. The b12 sentra ... well, I'll give you that one. Another casualty of 80's styling.

I think the Pulsar should come off that list. It's a good looking little car, and in AWD trim, can be quite a performer. I wish we had them here in the US, if only as donor cars. As soon as Nissan realized that the 80's were over, they turned it into a good-looking car, not unlike the early-90's Civics. These body lines sit just fine with me.:

dsweek04_pulsar_jc_10.JPG

If you ask me, the era of good-looking cars really ended with the 70's. The best thing Nissan ever did was give the s30 life. Just LOOK at those lines:

myron_511.jpg

My point exactly.

The axcess, may look like a early, fucked-up crossover-but don't deny that the potential is there.

And that JDM Pulsar GTI-R you displayed. That is cool, and far from ugly. And nowhere near compares to the EXA.

This is the ugly one I speak of.

pulsarexa.jpg

Henry and Yuta do some awesome builds, but they create nearly-undriveable cars that admittedly look awesome. I haven't seen Henry's s30, so I'm making a lot of assumptions about him right now (I'd be happy to be corrected). I will not sacrifice performance for looks. If my car's going to look interesting/appealing, it's gotta be faster than snot FIRST.

Those are just excessively-lowered cars, in my eyes (I don't mean to offend anyone here). They don't look like they know how to get out of their own way at all. This is the best change I've seen to an s12 to make it look better:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_MzDneJv4LQ0/TLpcewlUL7I/AAAAAAAAfYg/xBxeHo_31KQ/s800/80044162.jpg[/quote]

made it look like a Conquest and raised it up 2"? Not exactly cool.

HENRY doesn't have an S30(that he drives anyways, he might have bought another one since he sold Yuta his 240 haha), that blue S12 on mismatched wheels is Henry's car, and it gets driven fucking HARD. it might not be fast, but it's a DD/weekend drift car, and that's all it was ever supposed to be.

Yuta's car is hardly nearly-undriveable, especially since he dailied it for nearly a year at the height he was at.

I stand corrected, I believe these two cars are also Henry's

initialmidnight.jpg

How can you say those are excessively lowered?

OK. Henry's is low. But it is drivable. As already said, D/D, weekend drifter.

When you see it anywhere else than photo shoots, it isn't that low. Even when he drifts it, it get raised a bit.

That's all show. But it has go too.

Then the black S12 w the RB. That thing isn't even SortaFlush. Tell us how that car is too low?

Now this is what you should be flaming...

240z.jpg

made it look like a Conquest and raised it up 2"? Not exactly cool.

HENRY doesn't have an S30(that he drives anyways, he might have bought another one since he sold Yuta his 240 haha), that blue S12 on mismatched wheels is Henry's car, and it gets driven fucking HARD. it might not be fast, but it's a DD/weekend drift car, and that's all it was ever supposed to be.

Yuta's car is hardly nearly-undriveable, especially since he dailied it for nearly a year at the height he was at.

I stand corrected, I believe these two cars are also Henry's

initialmidnight.jpg

Look, I'm not trying to start a flame war, not by a long shot. Let's say that both Henry's s12 and Yuta's s30 are 'too low for me to daily'. I'm basing all my opinions of pictures I've seen, since that's all I have to go on. I would not trust those ride heights to drive on public roads, and if someone pulled up beside me on the highway I'd get away from them in a hurry. I've seen too many cars bottom out and skid around uncontrollably afterward to trust cars with excessive ride heights.

How can you say those are excessively lowered?

OK. Henry's is low. But it is drivable. As already said, D/D, weekend drifter.

When you see it anywhere else than photo shoots, it isn't that low. Even when he drifts it, it get raised a bit.

That's all show. But it has go too.

Then the black S12 w the RB. That thing isn't even SortaFlush. Tell us how that car is too low?

Now this is what you should be flaming...

240z.jpg

That's Yuta's s30. If I'm flaming anything, that was already it a couple posts ago. And I just don't understand this 'show ride height'. I like cars that have splattered bug goo on the hood and little flecks of rubber on the fenders. I like knowing a car is driven, and how it's driven. If he drifts it 2" higher than he takes photos of it, why not show that off? It'd look daily driveable then. So, from what I've seen (again, just pictures) I don't like Henry's s12. Nothing personal, but what I've seen makes it appear to be a fairly useless car.

And the black s12... well, I guess I really can't knock that. It just got lumped in with the rest by default. It is pretty nice, overall. My mistake.

LASTLY...

Good god that EXA is heinous. Please warn me before you post something that horrid again. I still say the s12 is an ugly car, but you sir, just took the cake. Everything is wrong with everything about that car.

LASTLY...

Good god that EXA is heinous. Please warn me before you post something that horrid again. I still say the s12 is an ugly car, but you sir, just took the cake. Everything is wrong with everything about that car.

I told you the Pulsar was ugly. You should see one with the optional canopy that came with them. They're pretty bad.