need quick answer before trip to datsun meet

Is the lower radiator hose suppose to be hot? My temp gauge is reading mid level, top hose is hot, heater hose to heater, both lines are hot, but lower hose is barely warm. Also on weber carb, once carb and engine get hot, you can screw the fuel/air mixture screw inward and the idle will rev up until the screw stops. I'm wanting to get to the meet in Vancouver. If I get there; maybe someone can help.

Larry

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What car show? Im from GP and didnt hear about anything... cept the one over in medford...

Anwyays its normal for it still to be hot out that lower hose... if ur temp gauge is reading acurate i wouldnt worry about it.

O ok yea I heard bout that one. Well good luck if u break down in the eugene area let me know lol I will see if I can help. Take some pics while ur there. Looked at ur build thread looks good. Might have to check it out when I.move back to GP in june. ;)

O ok yea I heard bout that one. Well good luck if u break down in the eugene area let me know lol I will see if I can help. Take some pics while ur there. Looked at ur build thread looks good. Might have to check it out when I.move back to GP in june. ;)

Thanks for the offer.

LOL, im moving away from GP in June to July. Dark brown trucks already in storage unit up in Washington

Larry

Spot check it with a infrared heat gun. The lower hose on my hardbody rarely gets hotter than 90 degrees. Enough so you can put your hand on it.

An L that is running rich, and possibly a 160 thermostat will definitely have a cool hose on the bottom. Spot check the thermostat housing and upper and lower, then go over the radiator with the infrared. That will tell you a lot more. You can pick those up at harbor freight for 50 bucks or maybe less.

Thanks for the tips.

Weber: turning mixture screw clock wise, is it richening or leaning fuel mixture?

Im reading as much weber topics as i can find here on the site.

Larry