Spring Brands

CorAce

I currently have Eibach coil-over springs on all four corners, they seem OK but I really have nothing to compare them to. So I'm in the market to pick up a couple more sets with different weights to fine tune my ride. what I have found is large number of brands with a huge range in prices. I'd like to get some input from the forum on the best value for the $.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick with Eibach... I have used others but it seems that the Eibachs are much more consistant in material and quality they are a bit spendy but you know how it goes... You get what You pay for

Clayton

I'm sure Eibach is a good spring, but are they that much better than lets say QA1? I can get a pair of QA1's for the same price as one Eibach spring, will the differance in a DD be notacable? not tring to be cheap, but no use in throwing money away.

Most of the less expensive springs are made using a hot rolled steel process, and they eventually begin to sag and ride poorly. Eibach's are cold rolled springs which makes them more consistent in spring rate, last longer and ride better.

Get what you pay for. There is a reason that Eibach is a very popular brand even though they are more money than some others.

Most of the less expensive springs are made using a hot rolled steel process, and they eventually begin to sag and ride poorly. Eibach's are cold rolled springs which makes them more consistent in spring rate, last longer and ride better.

Get what you pay for. There is a reason that Eibach is a very popular brand even though they are more money than some others.

Nice tidbit of info. I'm not trying to avoid Eibach by any means, I was just hoping to get some real world feedback on the different manufacturers. any body ever use Swift springs? they got some good looking stuff.

Nice tidbit of info. I'm not trying to avoid Eibach by any means, I was just hoping to get some real world feedback on the different manufacturers. any body ever use Swift springs? they got some good looking stuff.

I have never even heard of Swift springs. I might look them up just for my own knowledge.

However, if i was going to stray away from Eibach's, i would probably find race parts catalogs for circle track and sprint cars. AFCO brand comes to mind. Those guys depend on their parts to be of excellent quality for repeated races and trust them to be driven at the limit each and every race.

I have heard good things about Swift, but I have not ran them. so its just hear say for now. but they are some coin.

I dont remember who makes the springs that are on teh Megan Racing coilovers, but I think soon I will be in teh market for some lower spring rate springs. and yeah I was thinking about QA1 or Eibach but not sure

You're throwing your money away buying a set of springs that will never equal the quality of the Eibach's you already own.

the ones I have are way to stiff for my application, so the money has to be spent. the question is how much.

Cor Ace----what springs are you running? what weight and everything?

originally I got the T3 280zx coilover kit with 250lb Eibach springs. shortly after that I picked up a set of rear coilover with 400lb springs. After getting the car on the road I realizad it was way to stiff. I picked up another set of Eibach 175lb from Ground Control for the front and moved the 250lb to the rear. its still a little rough. I would like to get a set of 150 up front and move the 175 to the rear. and if that doesn't work I'll try another set.

Check what the springs are made of. It has been long held that chrome silicon steel is what superior springs are made of. Both Eibach and QA1 use this steel. Some others use chrome vanadium which is not as suitable for maintaining spring rate or height over long term use.

QA1 bought out Carrera, who made chrome plated coilover springs. Carrera springs were made of chrome silicon steel and always considered top quality, I would be surprised if they have degraded under the QA1 name.

Aren't those like 2'' ID? I need 2.5'' ID springs

No, they are 2.5". more like 2 5/8" but thats not how they are sold.

Soooo...do you still have the 400# springs? If you do and you would like to get rid of them let me know, I would be interested.

I gave a truck load of parts to Corey aka 78kingcab and I think they where in there. send him a PM he might still have them.

Cor--What Struts/shocks are you running? Seems like you are getting pretty low in the spring rate numbers already, and the struts can also make a big difference in how stiff your car rides.

I thought the same thing. I picked up a set of Tokico illuminas for the 280zx struts, which I have set to the #2 setting(soft). the backs are just a set of GR2's. the thing is I do a lot of driving around with the wife or the kids and in downtown PDX where the roads are shit. I cant be jarring out filling or it take all the fun out of it.

I might be interested in buying them from you if you sell them as that is what I was going to order soon.

As my coilovers are like 32 way adjustable I can play with the rebound and compression

I might be interested in buying them from you if you sell them

the 250lb springs? if I get a new set I'll keep you in mined. I was looking at the Eiback ERS systems, they offer a "Helper" spring that is 1.75" tall in a 175ld rate that I can use with the main 250lb to build a kinda progressive thing.

8" maybe 10" whatever Ground Control puts on their coil overs. Do you still have a line on adjustable rear cross-members?

yeah I dont think I can run anything longer than a 7"

and yeah Im still kinda working on that stuff, kinda slowly. my buddy burnt some pieces out for me to inspect. but been too busy building my 510 for the show this sunday

yeah I dont think I can run anything longer than a 7"

and yeah Im still kinda working on that stuff, kinda slowly. my buddy burnt some pieces out for me to inspect. but been too busy building my 510 for the show this sunday

7" kinda rings a bell... could be that. how soon are you needing them?