Datsun 521 Stock Speaker

brodster

I am looking for data and pictures for the stock speaker in the Datsun 521. In another thread, I read that it is usually mounted against the firewall, underneath the package tray. Does anyone on here have a picture of what it used to look like?

Also, I am assuming the stock speaker was probably in the realm of 4 to 5”? Perhaps rated at 3.5 to 5 Watts with a nominal impedance of 8 ohms? Maybe a part number if someone has one? Maybe someone has one for sale?

Currently I have an old AM Clarion Radio for the Datsun. Can’t remember which model I have because I am at work. I need to design a little switchable custom circuit for a stereo system. I am planning on enabling the selection of the old AM radio or input from a external MP3 player. I kind of want to run the stock looking speaker, but upgrade it with a newer more powerful speaker. This will require a small amp too. But I just need the information to make something that performs well.

Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic