no dash lights! :(

620ppl

hello everyone i was putting some new lights on my truck because two of them went out and i went to turn them on but nothing happened...

i started troubleshooting, no burnt fuses...

and then i realized i shorted one of the bulbs and now none of them turn on :(

i know the bulbs themselves still work and the turn signal lights and the ones that say brake oil charge and high beams still turn on

just not the back lights of the gauges

anyone know how to fix this?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello everyone i was putting some new lights on my truck because two of them went out and i went to turn them on but nothing happened...

i started troubleshooting, no burnt fuses...

and then i realized i shorted one of the bulbs and now none of them turn on :(

i know the bulbs themselves still work and the turn signal lights and the ones that say brake oil charge and high beams still turn on

just not the back lights of the gauges

anyone know how to fix this?

Don't trust a fuse on looks alone. Replace it or swap it with another of equal value. They can blow and yet not look bad.

Ignoring the dash for a moment.

Turn your headlights on, Are your taillights working(not the brake lights), the taillights and side marker lights?

the wiring diaghram shows that the top right fuse(10A) should be controling these lights, including your guage lights. It also controls the lights for the heater controls, are those working?

How are you checking your fuses?

Do you have a 12v test light?

I have seen many glass style fuses that looked good, but were melted inside the endcap where you cant see the damage, that is why the fuses need tested with a 12v test light.

yes, all outside lights are working normally

the fuse was not blown i switched with a new one and nothing improved, heater control lights arn't working either

i have a multimeter that reads .08v with lights on instead of 12v

Edit: so basically my green/blue - green/black and red/blue - red/black circuit isn't working

i'm gonna follow the wires and see what happens :D

Edited by 620ppl

OMG....

stupid dimmer switch :angry:

i guess that's what blew...

is it ok just to bypass the dimmer switch? (not really gonna dim the lights)

i'm also curious in what that little box with the red, green, and yellow wires coming out of it is because it wasn't connected to anything

DSC03524.jpg

The dimmer on the 620 is one the most useless things ever put on a vehicle. I've spend hours and hours scratching the coatings off the bulb guards and looking for higher output bulbs to make them brighter!!! At night you seriously need a flash light to see what's going on with the gauges. Yes jumper them to run full brightness. (joke)

• 1 month later...