Anti Theft devices

2eDeYe' date='21 April 2011 - 02:21 PM' timestamp='1303420891' post='463588']

Picture008-7.jpg

strait up, its a hell of alot more trouble than its worth to even get near my ignition wiring.

0407111803a.jpg

love my DZ start set up, the key fob is the best way to go.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those start butons are cool but is the only way to lock the doors with the remote? If so I heard (don't know it's true) that people can scan for your frequency when you lock it and then send the same signal to unlock. A button to lock the doors is best that way you only send a signal when you leave. Does it constantly transmit once you are in the car or do you just press a button to enable the ignition? Excuse the ignorance I was just wondering how they work.

The fob only works on the ignition, not the doors.

I was in a parking garage next to another altima before, same generation. I hit unlock and my car as well as the other car unlocked. I locked and unlocked both a few times to make sure I wasn't going crazy and it worked everytime. I haven't had it happen on another car, but I'm guessing we somehow had matching frequencies.

I've got a clifford 3 way alarm, electric locks tied into the alarm, a hidden kill switch and a hidden switch for my fuel pump. Plus, solex locks on the outside. A thief, if he did get in, would have to figure out the kill switch dilemma and if he did that then find the fuel switch. If your a thief stealing a datsun you will get frustrated and run away after about 30 seconds. This isn't gone in 60 seconds guys. A real good car thief doesn't take a second look at Datto's.

To keep the oldskool look and be fairly secure, find a Hornet 567T Hood Lock (discontinued). It is a mechanical hood lock and includes starter kill, but we all know you can kick start so set it up on a relay to the ignition under the hood. They can't get in and they can't start it. I have a NOS one I'll install eventually. I've had them before and they're flawless.

i searched the interwebs and found this so you get the idea: http://members.cox.net/blue97tj/security.html

old product page: http://www.autotechs.com/items/item567.htm

With the right install, it would look factory or hidden and provides good security. Going to have to tow that shizz...

Yep.

Keyless, disabled, dry carb, ect.

Still got taken.

Threads like this should be treated like fight club...

My tracking system would have helped get it back (battery having juice and all).

I need to make a post about it..

The best theft deterrent is to not divulge sensitive Datsun info to strangers. I met two datsun guys about 5 years ago. They both had some decent looking dimes at the time both SR'd. I met them at a buddies house. So we get to talking shop shit. They begin to ask me where I work what type of alarm system I've got on my dime which was none. A few days passed I'm at work getting ready to leave walk outside and my car is gone. I know for a fact I was targeted because the parking is open and public, meaning thousands of different cars to take to sell for profit. Not a 40 year old car. Luckily I got my baby back. Cops actually did something I could appreciate.

• 6 months later...

a high tech thief is not going to target our cars. Stealing codes on a transmitter is old school, most have a synchronized random code hoping meaning the code changes everytime. I also agree that you should never tell anyone what kind of anti theft devices you have in your car. The only people wanting to steal our cars are crack heads and other Datsun lovers.

Get a Magnavolt