Wanted truck

I recently sold my last project vehicle and took a loss on it I lost interest. I need a new project a datsun fits the bill I like 2doors, 4 doors and goons but you just can't beat the utilitarian nature of a truck. I will entertain the thought of a car if it is the right car for me I just might bite, but a truck is my focus. I think a 620 would be my best bet though would jump at a 320, 520 or 521 in a heart beat. I do not care if it has a bed on it.

Must start and drive under it's own power, must have brakes and all lights in working order would be nice as well. Under $1000 is preferred price range as I am on a permanent disability and can not afford much more initially.

Am I asking for too much for what I can pay?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my 620 already lowered, and a few good mods for $1K. Took me almost a year to find a suitable buy though. It's the most enjoyable vehicle I've ever owned, wouldn't sell it for any price. Plan on passin' it down to my kiddo when he's old enough.

The other trucks are sweet, but it's hard to beat that 620 meat.

please please please please ok is that enough grovelling? just in case it isn't enough, please please please please. I need help finding a project, I was talking to a friend at Tim Hortons about trying to find a datsun truck to fix up, turns out another of his friends walked up behind me and said he had a shop I could use for minimal rent (described as fully equipped shop), I need a project before he changes his mind.

I recently sold my last project vehicle and took a loss on it I lost interest. I need a new project a datsun fits the bill I like 2doors, 4 doors and goons but you just can't beat the utilitarian nature of a truck. I will entertain the thought of a car if it is the right car for me I just might bite, but a truck is my focus. I think a 620 would be my best bet though would jump at a 320, 520 or 521 in a heart beat. I do not care if it has a bed on it.

Must start and drive under it's own power, must have brakes and all lights in working order would be nice as well. Under $1000 is preferred price range as I am on a permanent disability and can not afford much more initially.

I have2 521 mint i love them both and i have tons of parts i would let both go for 5000 but thats a lil out of your price range.... but they wil allways be here.

• 2 weeks later...

figure it is about time for a bump

Im lookin at getting rid of my 620, worth a bit more than 1k though. it would make the drive from OR to Canada like a breeze tho :cool:

Im Ideally trying to find an S12 hatch or 240z to trade it for though

14 miles south of Trail BC, just across the Waneta border crossing (open 9am to 5pm), or 125 miles north of Spokane, WA

I was planning to sell them to an enthusiast in Boise, ID, but he's never gotten back to me, and the price for him was not too much more than your target, $1200, but that was as is, and he was interested cause his pal helped me tune the '73, so he knew it was good.

A couple of 620's I no longer have time for. One I used for work, the other for parts. I changed jobs, so I don't need it. Its tabs expire August 2011, hasn't been run all winter. The long block I got from a rebuild place in Arizona 3 years ago, maybe 10k miles on it. I'll check the compression. It didn't start last time and I think its an intake leak. Silly adapter to the Weber is not mechanically well thought out.

73' 620 1.6L (the working one)

76' 620 2.0L has had carb, alt, dist, coil scavenged for the '73. It did run, but had a low cylinder and no brakes.

Two 1.6L blocks:

A) the one I replaced with the rebuild from the '73 which was running but not well, and I knew so little, and I found the long block, so it got pulled.

B) the second 1.6L, I got for $100 from a fella north of Spokane, used to to race, I got it for spare bits I might need putting the rebuild in.

New parts:

'73 brake pads n springs (all 4)

2.0L head gasket

Old parts:

All the engine parts I saved from putting the rebuild in the '73 (old carbs and 2 point distributor, etc)

The usual collection of Haynes and Chilton manuals, and an actual factory 1.8L engine shop manual.

Good luck with your search. I'm not really a price haggler. This is a fair price. Times are tough and its priced so a fella can get two runners out of this and sell one for his troubles. I'm not selling anything but the whole works for that reason.

My goal was to offer a thing a fella can get into for a grand, spend another grand, break even cash wise, (not time wise) and keep his wife and sanity in the process. But I am not really selling it actively. I may hit a deer tomorrow morning and make the 620 go tomorrow afternoon.

I posted a couple photos. I used to live in Vancouver for several years, 16 years ago (video game programming, EA Sports among others). Seeing Nanaimo reminded me of pleasant trips on the ferry, and my faves, the school taxi boats, the "scholar ships" on Saturna Island. Oh, and a particular knockout French Canadian babe as well ;-) thanks for the memories

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a friend here in Tri-Cities who has 2 320's for sale. I think $500 for the pair.

Here is the Ratsun post...

http://community.rat...__1#entry503770

You even posted in it.

Have you talked with him?

He's a really busy guy, and doesn't do the internet thing too much.

Keep on him if interested.

I emailed him he emailed me back with some pics, I really want one or both and would work out a deal with some one to tow one to the border for me and they get the other as payment for the tow.

I emailed him he emailed me back with some pics, I really want one or both and would work out a deal with some one to tow one to the border for me and they get the other as payment for the tow.

Someone jump on that deal!

Someone jump on that deal!

I figure if it works it works, its a win win I get what I want and some one else gets what they want just I'd need the one with title to bring it into Canada.

I have a 620 kc. I looked for one for AGES and finally found this one a couple of months ago. It's great, I love it, but I can't drive it, because I have a very mangled knee and the angle to reach the clutch somehow just doesn't work, it's too painful. I either have to sell it or figure out a solution with the clutch, like maybe different seats? Anyway if I sold it I'd be looking for about $1,200. I am the third owner, 98k on the clock. Rust isn't too bad, it was just neglected for a loooong time. Anyway, it's in Seattle.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.