Taillight gremlins in my 210

Lonestar

Ok, I was pulling out the boombox in the trunk of my 210 and I had to remove the tailights with the trunk latch to yank this sucker out. Yes, the box was that big. Anyways, I unplugged the lights from the wiring and finished what I needed to. Well, once I get my tail lights back in and all hooked up, the brake lights won't work. The running lights, backup and turn signals work fine. This happened once before when I frist went and looked at the car, the light would not work and the PO didn't what happened either. The problem fixed itself cus the day I went to pick it, everything worked just fine. I know for a fact I didn't cut or pinch any of the wiring when I took out the box. Can anyone help me on this cus I'm lost. :confused:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly corroded connections are very common after 30 years. Clean the bulbs and connectors where you disconnected/reconnected it.

Took them apart to see but the bulbs and connections are still super clean. No corrosion anywhere in either taillight assy. Like I said before, everything was working just fine til I took them out get the box out of the trunk. I'm starting to think it's my switch. I'll be doing a test light later today when I get some time to see.

Maybe you forgot to Ground out something? Also rust will be enough to act like a Open in a circuit.

Haha! You've haven't yet seen my 210 yet? This car is super clean inside out. Well these gremlins are messing with my head cus I plugged the taillights back up after checking the wiring and now everything works now. :wacko: I think Jefe got it right and must be something with the switch itself. Oy, I hate electrical so much....