WTB: Aftermarket L-Series Clutch / Flywheel

Need a better clutch to suit the truck since the beefed up L20B is going in.

Engine is going in within a day or two so i need it ASAP.

Want Stage 1 or 2 and lightened flywheel.

Preferably used with some meat left on it.... cheap atm since i have to pay deductable for my accident still. :facepalm: but new is fine too. :)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...Factory 280ZX non-turbo clutch kit can take 200 lbs of torque. Not enough for your beefed up L20b?

Its hard to find clutch kits cheaper than that. Last I checked they were $100-130 new. (minus the flywheel)

Or if you find a 280ZX 2+2 (NA) or turbo, it has the same flywheel but a 240mm surface. That is even stronger but I think overkill for your setup. You would then get the 240mm kit to match it.

Engine is going in within a day or two so i need it ASAP. Should have planed this out better.

Mistakes will happen when you rush and use mismatched parts.

You never said what flywheels size you have? 200mm or assume since its a truck a 225mm.

hope you have the correct T/O bearing and correct sleeve as the Z cars used all kids of funky T/O bearing sleeves or maybe the 620 225mm set up will work

200mm It's a replacement L16 in there now, with a Dogleg 5spd.

I might just end up upgrading with a Z clutch and flywheel.

Transplant got delayed because rock auto decided to send me a water pump with the bolt bent like 90 degrees. :facepalm:

Goki, whats the size on the Flywheel?

I was just thinking it has a nap-z dogleg trans with the L16. (Truck was purchased this way)

If we swap the L20b with the z clutch and flywheel do we need to change the T/O and sleeve to one from a Z or do we keep the one that is on the trans?

If we swap the L20b with the z clutch and flywheel do we need to change the T/O and sleeve to one from a Z or do we keep the one that is on the trans?

Good question.

Z cars at one point had different T/O bearing sleeve sizes.

Datsunmike might be able to awnser this for you.

as for the water pump. I think u would order a Non fan clutch type(theres not bolts)Use the L16 water pump and fan. cheaper too.Im not into the fan clutches for soem reason.Just persoanl pref

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.