A truck, a bee, and busted glass

I was driving down oatfield today, saw a nice 510 goon, and after taking the Sightings pictures, pulling back onto it My mind fills of the memory of a scary datsun drive that could have..... Oh, fuck, i'll just tell you the damn story.....

This one is about a month after I got my licence, it's summer, and i'm claiming that the pre spandex shorts were still cool to wear because I had some on. Used them to bike mostly, thin, lightweight, loose fitting, and didn't chafe your junk on the long rides. No, this isn't a fashon story, that's just important for what happens later.....

(indented)I'm in my 620, driving down oatfield music loud..... Distorted.... as always before I could buy good speakers. I feel a little tickle in my left nut, look down, and it's a huge yellow jacket, sniffing around and just generally looking dangerous any future plans of having a kid.

Needless to say, it suddenly had my full attention (What road?)

I smack it off, it hits the floorboards, I stomp it, dead... no time for whew... there's a crash, and bits of glass are exploding into my face, I look up, and i'm in the opposing lane, had run a guy nearly into the ditch, my side mirror is.... ....Gone.

I swerve back into my lane, kind of oblivious for a second while I gathered what happened, realised I hit mirrors with someone, and needed to stop, so I pull into the mini mart, and I kid you not.... 3 or 4 cars, 6 guys, all with baseball bats, (maybe just most, you know how stories get bigger over time, but there were definitely 6 and it damn felt like everyone did) pull into the lot, and one in front, says, okay, who's the fucking comedian?

I left my bat in the truck, it wouldn't help much in this situation, just too damn many, and i'm not even mad, kinda' feel bad actually, I quickly explain the dangers that my nut had just faced, barely dented the other guys mirror, offer to replace it while they're still thinking about whether to beat me down or not :) the guy says, nah, don't worry about it, and everyone cools off. One guy even ask if I was alright. lol.

Yes, today, i'd pull over immediately to kill the thing, rather get stung in the nut than kill someone or die, besides, that whole area gets me in trouble, and kinda has it coming I guess. I just freaked out, 17, and I hadn't prepared for anything like that.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Public Service Announcement

Wasps really have no interest in your gonads. If you encounter ones near your private area remain calm and it will leave sudden movements make them sting, not your nuts (unless your nuts are suddenly moving)

Besides telling a story like this one after such an encounter could cause your fellow Ratsunners to laugh till they pee themselves. Great story keep your eyes on the road ;)

Public Service Announcement

Wasps really have no interest in your gonads. If you encounter ones near your private area remain calm and it will leave sudden movements make them sting nuts (unless your nuts are suddenly moving)

Besides telling a story like this one after such an encounter could cause your fellow Ratsunners to laugh till they pee themselves. Great story keep your eyes on the road ;)

LMAO! agreed.

Don't you know what will happen if all the bees disappear? So you almost get in an accident and 6 guys wielding bats come at you? What douche bags man. If someone comes at me with a bat they better have a damn good reason and they better swing before I do. I played baseball in highschool and had a kid from another team pull a bat on me in the parking lot after the game (i was a pitcher and intentionally hit him because he hit me earlier). I pulled mine out real fast and 2 of his team mates got behind him to back him up. All I had to do was say " you've seen how far I can hit a ball, do you really want to see how far I can hit your head?" and gave him a stare down and he backed off. I used to carry a small wooden bat in my truck. It was a kids size, but perfect for using with 1 hand and heavy enough to do some damage. I got pulled over once and the cop saw it and asked why I had it. I told him I was a coach and its easier to hit practice balls with 1 hand. Luckily he bought it or I would have been in some shit.

• 3 weeks later...

We were all in high school. running on testosterone.... they thought I intentionally ran at them with my truck. Yeah, a bit of an overreaction. traded the 620 for a 510 project I still have and he wrecked it. I don't think I'll ever run out of driving stories. Just a matter of remembering.....

Okay, bees are good, don't kill those. Yellow jackets on the other hands should be killed as much as possible. They kill bees and will attack bee hives. Regardless, stop quickly next time, then stomp the yellow jacket. Could have been much worse and you might have ended up in the grill instead of just banging mirrors.

I hate yellow jackets. Random fact, bees can withstand higher heat than yellow jackets and wasps, so when they feel threatened a big group will surround the wasps and the vibrations from their wings makes the temperature around them rise, killing the wasps or yellow jacket.

Yeah, fuck yellow jackets, i'm picky what I want on my balls, and yellow jackets are NOT on the list...... I shot a yellow jacket with hair spray and a lighter and called it a bar BEE que lol. I have no irrational fear of bees, btw....