Trade Peanut W58 head for open chamber head

My truck runs premium. I hate paying 4 buxs a gallon. Any one want to trade for and open head? the head I have has not been cut much. Is a complete head but dissembled. 310-817-4671 Location Los Angeles ca

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't care just as long as its open. Not a 210 head!!!! But everything else is cool. Skib, I am cool as long as its rebuildable. The U67 is better since its square exhaust. But it has to be rebuildable. I will post pics of mine soon...

I have two u67 one is on my truck now and the other one is off of a motor that spung a rod bearing. I know the one I'm not using is rebuildable and the one I am using has been rebuilt before I started running and it has about 7000 miles on it.

My truck runs premium. I hate paying 4 buxs a gallon. Any one want to trade for and open head? the head I have has not been cut much. Is a complete head but dissembled. 310-817-4671 Location Los Angeles ca

How do you run $4 premium it if it's disassembled? Have you tried turning the timing back slightly, running a cooler thermostat, providing cool air from in front of the rad?

How do you run $4 premium it if it's disassembled? Have you tried turning the timing back slightly, running a cooler thermostat, providing cool air from in front of the rad?

Keeping the foot from hitting the floor as you accelerate?

I have two peanuts. One I wanted to port and make it kick ass with dual side drafts. The other is a stock a87 rebuilt I have on my truck. I compression reads @ 190 psi... Is that alot?

The timing is at 6 degs. I had to up the jets and it knocks here and there and not like before.

Its running a 180 thermostat. It has not overheated. It runs below 180 degs even when I flog it.

• 4 weeks later...

I have several heads, I'll trade you one. I know for a fact I have a few A87 and a W58 open. I'd recommend getting them resurfaced. I'd be willing to ship it to you if you'd do the same, (I'll cover mine, you cover yours)

• 3 months later...

Not really worth the cost of a gasket and the time to change it really. It will bump your compression from 8.4 to 8.9 and it will likely ping slightly if you don't retard the ignition slightly or run a middle grade octane gas.

If you were building up a hot race motor this is a good way to raise the compression and worth the bother for a few more hp.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.