CA18DE Datsun 1200 build

da82kc

So I picked up a Datsun 1200 about three years ago for $200. I got it running and drove it for about a month but didn't have the money to really do anything with it. After the month of driving it, I tore the motor open to find out what had happened inside cylinder #3 only to find that the piston was wasted. So the car sat.

About a month ago I got a killer deal on a JDM CA18DE engine swap set and now with that in hand, I can begin putting together my little toy.

SO far, the plan is to strip the car apart and get the body straight and paint it Scion Envy Green. With the car apart I can get the motor in and mocked up. Once all the jambs and engine bay are done, I'll drop in the motor and get the wiring repaired. After all that is through, I'll finish paintwork and drive. Sounds too simple, eh?

So as for my drivetrain combo, here's how I see it working:

CA18DE engine sitting on S13 motor mounts on custom perches on the original crossmember

Short tailshaft FS5W71B mainshaft and rear case with the CA18DE gears and front case

H165 rear axle from an S10 silvia/200sx on leafs in the rear.

Will add photos as time goes by

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a new comers should have to watch a tutorial on the ways of Ratsun.

Included in this tutorial is...

1.> How to locate Google.com

2.> Where the FAQ section is. And if all the pages in the FAQ aren't read, you can't move onto next step.

3.> Photobucket tutorial

4.> First post must be an intro, including pics.

5.> Sarcasm 101

:P

I think a new comers should have to watch a tutorial on the ways of Ratsun.

Included in this tutorial is...

1.> How to locate Google.com

2.> Where the FAQ section is. And if all the pages in the FAQ aren't read, you can't move onto next step.

3.> Photobucket tutorial

4.> First post must be an intro, including pics.

5.> Sarcasm 101

:P

sarcasm shood come b4 first post since thats all u get from us after a first post. sometimes we come off as complete assholes too..... but we only do it for teh lulz