Weber carb & adapter

I've got a 32/36 DGV 5A carb that ran when pulled from the motor, 6mo ago. The adapter is a single piece mid-rise(?) to a L manifold.

Only issue with the carb is that the primary throttle plate has a small hole drilled through (PO trying to compensate for big duration cam). I've got extra throttle plates too, but I have neither the patience nor the tools to swap plates. And it'll need cleaning and probably a quick once through.

I'll jet carb back to approx factory. The mech choke works, and the throttle cable stuff is intact.

I'm thinking $75 for the carb and adapter, and for $125 I'll throw in the 3-4 stripped Weber DGV bodies I have, all the misc parts (jets, floats, throttle plates, etc), and the 2 or 3 filters (not sure about if I have retaining clips, though).

Here's the carb & adapter...

Weber1.jpgWeber2.jpgWeber3.jpgWeber4.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Hainz the pic is there slide the screen over,

Hmm thats interesting drilling the hole in the primary,:unsure:

The adapter is a transdapt 2107,

Not very good for a 510 but great for a truck

photo of the hole in the trottle plate???

thats was not a smart move by making a hole.Like to know his thinking.

How big was this cam? Im sure its no that big

Yeah, it's a long story... Basically boils down to couldn't get the damn thing to idle down without uncovering all the transition holes in the primary barrel. The weber book said that with long duration/high overlap cams, sometimes it's necessary to do this to get the required airflow without having the main jets flowing fuel at idle.

And the guy was trying to get it to work with as little $$$ as humanly possible. :rolleyes:

This is partly why I decided to run the holley... more airflow at idle. I've only got the speed screw in about 1 turn from full close, and it idles at ~1000 rpm (and still lopes :D)

I'm still sorting out all the... custom fabrication... that's on the truck.

But anyway... Am I asking too much? I am completely pulling those numbers outta my a$$, so if I am, let me know.

Oh yeah... forgot... I'm throwing in a copy of Weber book for the package.

http://www.themotorbookstore.com/wecaseintuwe.html

be nice to know what size cam?

another guy on the 510 realm ran a .491 lift Shadebolt cam w/DGV and had no proplems. I would swap another carb if possible otherwise I would suspect the carb

a BIG cam if really BIG and a DGV is a OXYMORON in my opinion but they do list them for Jeeps and landcruiser and those are alot bigger motor. Maybe he just put the cam in off a tooth or something thinking th carb was bad.

were just doing alot of guessing here. Only way to know is bolt it up to another L motor that is good.

Thats what I do, Is I bolt it up to my truck since it has a weber DGV/adapter already on there and run it then I know they are good. Its kinda of a pain but I can to it in about 20mins with a L16 clean intake(no pullution crap)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.