Stock Hitachi carb smoking!!

Diesel33g

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you might have a gasket go out or a seal or some bolts came loose.....but whatever it is i can almost guarantee it's coming from the front of the engine behind the fan.... oooohhhhhh CHECK THE FUEL PUMP.... clean engine then start engine and have it run at 1100 rpms and just watch it see where it comes out of

My fuel pump isn't working correctly I already know that. but it's connected and not leaking from there. I think it's from the head. maybe it wasn't bolted all the way or the gasket is gone. Either way I think I'm needing a new engine xD

It only runs on starter fluid. I pulled the fuel line out of it and it wasn't spraying or anything so I think it's the floater needle got stuck or something. (I'm a noob to anything other than BMW and the VG30DE)

And the PCV isn't and wasn't plugged.

Well there is a small hole in the PCV valve that allows some blow-by into the intake but on older motors the amount can overpower the PCV easily. In that case it has to find a way out of the engine and that's why the vent on the valve cover. Normally it lets air in to replace that taken away by the intake PCV valve but under some conditions it reverses and lets fumes out. If some idiot plugged the valve cover vent, it will build pressure and pop the valve cover gasket to get out.

I don't think you are understanding what they are saying. The plug on top of the motor should be a hose connected to a filter assembly. The system is plugged no one is wondering if it might be we know it is. Mostly because of this the valve cover gasket blew or the pcv valve allowed oil through. Take the plug off the topp and run a hose to a filter (u can buyone at autozone) and then run it and see if any gasket blew. Your engine will not take you for a ride without a fuel pump.

There may be a way to get to your rod with out rmoving the motor and will probably take three times as long as doing it with motor out.

(I'm a noob to anything other than BMW and the VG30DE)

I understand. Just in case we are talking about different things. The vent we are talking about is on top of the valve cover just behind the plug wires with a hose going back and into the air filter as shown below. This hose must at least be open to the outside air.

0106111403.jpg

I just took the valve cover off and it was hand tightened, and only has like 1/8th of the gasket left

That will make it leak. Good thing it happened right away and not when you were mile from the house or something. There is a hose nipple on the back of the filter to run a hose from your breather on top of the valve cover. Keep fightin dude