l20b running around 220

Topher88

I am thinking of getting a 510 with a L20b in it and one of the problems that the guy said was that he bought a three row aluminum radiator on a 10inch fan but he said that the radiator is to be and the fan is to small so when you are not on the road it gets to what he said was 220 until you get moving again where it droops down to the 180's. should that be something that that i need to be extremely worried about?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Datsun gauges don't read in numbers so does it have some aftermarket gauge??? If not then this is meaningless. If it does have an after market gauge and sender and the numbers can be trusted then no, this isn't the best. Get a larger fan or make sure the one on there is turning the right way to pull or push air from outside the grill to in by the engine.

I am thinking of getting a 510 with a L20b in it and one of the problems that the guy said was that he bought a three row aluminum radiator on a 10inch fan but he said that the radiator is to be and the fan is to small so when you are not on the road it gets to what he said was 220 until you get moving again where it droops down to the 180's. should that be something that that i need to be extremely worried about?

He gets the car today and this info is second hand at best. Previous owner said.......

Found out the problem was that the fan was wired the wrong way so i simply switched the wires around and now it gose to about 190 maybe then drops to around 180 :-) yay for installing fans the wrong way! i didnt want to take the whole radiator out so it was fun trying to maneuver my big ass hands in a small ass place but its all fixed and she is running strong. actually makes me think the engine might have work done to it. it honestly sounds like it may have a milled cam but thats purely the way it sound but what the hell do i know. Any way i can find out without tarring apart the engine?