how to unload a dead L20B

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No no, not even with a Honda motor! It's the principle Mike!

Truthfully, it is just a motor, it's not like you're throwing a newborn kid out the back, but I feel a whole lot of zen goes into my motors. Hell, I name the vehicles or I'm convinced they'll die. I watched an interesting program on Samurai swords being made and there was the philosophy then that inanimate material could still have a soul, which led those craftsman to build some of the absolute best weapons of their day.

The same applies to motors. One of the reasons I feel confident beating the shit out of my L20 in the 510. I built it, I spent a lot of time and money building it, and I have faith that it will last accordingly. I go so far as to pic which music I'm listening to, to infuse the spirit of the times in with the motor. When I built Eleanor's 510 motor, I made sure to listen to Led Zeppelin and The Who, because that's what was playing when that car or truck rolled off the assembly line. And I played a lot of White Zombie too.

If it takes a shit, I'll rebuild it short of catastrophic failure like a holed block. Or I'll sell it to a ratsuner and do a different motor, but the process is the same. It's a zen thing. :cool:

The above rusted Datsuns are sad, but they are a fitting death, where the car returns to the earth via nature's cycle. That could be viewed as a good death, even if it cannot be used by one of us.

• Like 1

and the sickest 510 ive seen, nothing wrong with this unless cutting a car up to actually finish the project is wrong!

Nothing wrong with it.......... .. . .it was just in the same thread as the other pics ......... . .and it was too cool not to post........ :lol: