First 'Datsun'

Diesel33g

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the sound of the knock in your video I would just drop the pan and replace the rod bearings search for "clevite trimetal" its a bit of work but not as hard as replacing the main bearings. As for replacing the fuel pump I wouldn't the truck has an electric fuel pump so i would guess that it was once set up for airconditioning and that the fuel pump is wired through an oil presure switch thats why it wouldnt start with the holed out oil filter. Edit just reviewed the pics standard fuel pump noticed lol :sweat:

Hi I am new to datsuns

We just bought one and we got some tune up parts like distrubitor plugs ect

and we saw the w58 on the head and acording to the manuals it is a 2000 but when we got the dist cap it was the wrong one

so we matched it to a new one and napa said it was for a 1600

so i guess the question is can you put a 2000 head on a 1600

or is there a number on the block that i can find to tell me what size it is lol

if you respond thank you i just dont have a clue

thanks jimmy dale

From the sound of the knock in your video I would just drop the pan and replace the rod bearings search for "clevite trimetal" its a bit of work but not as hard as replacing the main bearings. As for replacing the fuel pump I wouldn't the truck has an electric fuel pump so i would guess that it was once set up for airconditioning and that the fuel pump is wired through an oil presure switch thats why it wouldnt start with the holed out oil filter. Edit just reviewed the pics standard fuel pump noticed lol :sweat:

Haha yeah it's a standard for now :)

I'll check into that for the bearings. That's on my list of prioritys.

• 2 weeks later...

cool little truck i love reg cab 620s.

its sunday, have you gone to the GY yet??

find an L20?

My buddy said he saw a couple 620s at the 10 yards we go to in the area. Gotta find a hoist and such before I go grab one though.

I know it's not even. I like it for now. eventually I'll re-do it though. gonna touch up the obvious parts first though >.>

So my tax return was received at my bank March 21st, They sent it back as I asked. except it's now April 10th, and nobody knows where it is!! So I haven't been able to afford wheels/tires like I so desperately need, or been able to have my buddy come out and wire up my lights (I don't trust myself).

So I've been kinda stuck without any money hence the lack of progress on my 620.

I did however wire up an old Alpine cassette deck I had laying around.

2guiq8w.jpg

Took out the passenger seat and ran some sub/amp wires under the carpet

21b9iy8.jpg

Lined up some fender mirrors and sanded down the ENTIRE body

cjivt.jpg

pulled off the side blinkers because I hate how those look.

10546wy.jpg

And threw Domo and a Formula Drift hat on the dash for 100 extra horses.

vgpyrr.jpg

• 2 months later...

Had to hunt a few pages back (page 6) to find this, but I'm still alive, and the Datty is still sitting there. Haven't made any progress with it since my last update. But should be getting my license back (and insurance) early this week so I'll be more motivated to deal with the shithole of wires that I have in there. and I'm going to re-paint the hood with even rays, haha.