The Mitty: April 28-May 1 – Road Atlanta

April 28-May 1 – Road Atlanta – Braselton, GA

Mitty-small-for-web_t190.jpg

The 2011 Mitty is returning to Road Atlanta from April 28 to May 1 for our annual celebration of all things automotive, and this year’s event promises to be the best yet.

Grand Marshal: Jim Downing will be our guest of honor at the event, and we’ll be recognizing his accomplishments as a Mazda racer. Jim will be on hand throughout the weekend to check out the races and meet fans. Plan on stopping by the Classic Motorsports tent to attend an autograph session.

Featured Marque: Of course, no celebration of racing accomplishments would be complete without the participation of our featured marque, Mazda. The 2011 Mitty will feature many of the incredible cars the company has built over the years. Expect to see several of the original Mazda race cars that have landed in the winner’s circle; these historic racing cars will be on display all weekend—when they’re not on track, of course. Be sure to look for many other Mazda surprises at The Mitty as well.

A Japanese Invasion: This year’s event will also be a celebration of all Japanese sports cars. We expect a record number of cars from makes such as Datsun/Nissan, Toyota, Honda and, of course, Mazda. The MX-5 Miata will have a special corral.

Classic Motorsports Small Bore Cup Race: The Classic Motorsports Mitty will host the second round of the 2011 Classic Motorsports Small Bore Cup. The series is open to small-bore cars produced before 1965 and their continuation counterparts. This leg of the competition promises to be a hotly contested battle among our readers’ favorite cars.

Kumho Autocross: Thanks to our friends at Kumho Tires USA, the 2011 Mitty will again offer spectators the chance to drive a Kumho-equipped Mazda MX-5 around our infield autocross course. This driving experience is completely free of charge, so make sure you sign up for some top-down driving fun!

Hella “Night into Day” Party- Come to the Classic Motorsports big-top tent for our special Saturday night party sponsored by Hella USA. Enjoy free drinks at the Moss Motors Pub and bench race with race fans and enthusiasts from around the country. Don’t miss the special light up the night display next to our tent also!

Moss Pub: The Moss pub will be open for business during the evening hours on Friday and Saturday night. Come by for a cold drink and the best bench racing you’ll find this side of Siebkins. You can also challenge a friend to a game of darts or a race around our slot car track. And don’t miss the live music performed by Wes Cobb on Saturday night.

Flyin’ Miata Summer Camp East: The crew at Flyin’ Miata will be on hand for the Mitty and hosting a special get together for Miata owners to hang out and talk tech. Their staff will be hosting group discussions to help make your Miata faster, better handling, and more safe. Flyin’ Miata has been an industry leader since 1989, so don’t miss this chance to learn from the best!

DIY Autotune MegaSqurt MegaMeet DIY Autotune will host the first ever MegaSquirt MegaMeet at the 2011 Mitty. Guests with vehicles using MegaSquirt engine management are encouraged to bring out their home brewed creations and share them with other MegaSquirt users and Mitty guests. The staff of DIY Autotune will also be on hand to answer questions about installing, wiring, and tuning your own MegaSquirt system.

Want to Be a World Record Holder? Break a record at The Mitty! Officials from the Guinness Book of World Records will be on hand to verify our attempt to create the world’s largest parade lap. We’ll need at least 683 Mazdas to make the claim, so we want you to be a part of it.

Mazda Driver’s Party Do you drive a Mazda? Your key is now good for more than starting the car—it will also give you access to the Mazda Driver’s Party on Friday night. The party will be held in the Classic Motorsports big-top tent on the hill. Along with drinks and hors d’oeuvres, we’ll be honoring our Grand Marshall and IMSA veteran Jim Downing. Entry to this special party is free for Mazda owners so make sure to bring your key to be a part of it.

Last years seemed pretty awesome!! Even though I didn't make it. I know a few people who told me it was neat. This year I'm planning on going.

Source: http://classicmotors...events/Mitty11/

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the Mitty was great last year. With Pete Brock and the BRE Datsuns being honored, it was a once in a lifetime Datsun event not to be missed. That was one of the reasons we moved the SPEC510 Meet to the Mitty last year.

I don't believe that this year will be quite the same. The Mitty is still a fantastic event but I think you guys need to make the trek up here and join us for SPEC510, the East Coast Datsun 510 Meet at Summit Point Raceway. I doubt you will get on the track this year. That was a special arrangement I worked out with the event coordinators for the Datsuns. Come to SPEC510, I believe we will get track time again this year. And open Bon Fires. We build our fires BIG! Every heard the expression, "toss another log on the fire" ? Well we say "Toss Another Pallet on the Fire!"

See all the details here:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/27402-15th-annual-east-coast-datsun-510-meet-may-13-15-2011/page__gopid__437045#entry437045

All Datsun owners Welcome, not just 510s.

See you all in 72 days.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...