"Restoring" a 69 grille emblem?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend rear emblem off his deluxe lights and I am going to try and re-chrome it with Alclad. I have had great luck using it to re-chrome the bumpers and other parts on my model cars I figure it should work on a platic emblem.

Spirit57003.jpg

Really??? I was tryin to make it stand out a little as the 69 emblem isnt the 'greatest'...

Maybe I'll look for a nice one at the upcoming swap meet then use mine for experimentation...

Im all about keeping colors flowing. It does not appear that you have any red anywhere else on the car (tail lights excluded). The stock colors keep your current theme going as flows very nicely with the car.

I think to me, the '69 emblem stands out on its own very well, So best to make it flow and hide it.

My thing about color, keep it minimal. You cant get rid of the silver and black on a car, so embrace those. You naturally have the color of the lights. Then you have the body color. From this, I would only introduce one more color. In your case you have that yellow side stripe. (Gives me an idea, try coloring your option 2 with the yellow of your side stripe!).