Wheel fitment question.

ertw

Good people,

I am looking to have my dime's stance setup similar to the ones pictured below, but I have the following questions:

Q1: What size do you think these wheels are? I'm guessing 15x7, but I could be off.

Q2: What size tires do you think they are running? 195/45, 205/40, ??

Q3: Do you have any idea what the offset on the wheels could be?

Q4: I assume that these are the Rota RB wheels in silver finish with a polished lip. Is this correct?

We must assume that these guys are running the 280zx struts and a slotted cross-member.

I understand that these aren't easy questions to answer (unless you own one of these cars or know the person who owns them), but I figured you guys would be in the best position (on the web) to figure this out.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

510_1.png

510_2.png

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the yellow 4 door belongs to Dan at DGR... I bought the panasports off of him about 5 or 6 years ago they are 16x7 +22 offset I run a 205-40-16 tire, I run a 510 strut with Ermish Racing wilwood big brakes on the front of my wagon

the bottom 510 looks to have the Konig rewinds unsure of size or offset

there have PLENTY of threads started here to cover everything you need to know about wheel fittment so take your time and look around plenty of very cool people willing to help out

Clayton

Hey i actually had some pretty similar questions that are being covered here but some things i haven't found.

What is the max ( or closest to zero) offset you can run on a 15x7 with 510 front struts (im running a troy's wilwood setup up front so im using 510 struts)

If i run like a +20 can i run 205/50/15 tires? or do i have to stick with 195's

greengoon and datto510 found that they list a +20 in gunmetal color.

Its not listed on the site.

just to let you know I could not use my bumpsteer spacers with my +25mm .tierod would barley run wheel.

we are running coil overs also. On the suspension section I have a write up on the 510 realm. as I had to make sure my spring seat was above the wheel and I used a 7in spring instead of the 8in.

In front run 195s

if your using bigger brakes best to ask maybe soembody on the 510realm

if your trying to find a 15x7 with zero offset you have to roll the fender if you want it low.

Hey i actually had some pretty similar questions that are being covered here but some things i haven't found.

What is the max ( or closest to zero) offset you can run on a 15x7 with 510 front struts (im running a troy's wilwood setup up front so im using 510 struts)

If i run like a +20 can i run 205/50/15 tires? or do i have to stick with 195's

When running the 15" Rotas Troy tends to run a 205-50-15 with no issues if you roll and stretch your wheel wells and run some camber you wont had any issues with it at all and have room for a lower offset wheel...like +12 to +15

Thank you all very much - I mean that sincerely.

Here's a little background: You see, I ran into an extra $650 the other day and the 1st thing that came to mind was Datsun parts!! But I'm getting ahead of myself thinking I can buy wheels before deciding on upgraded suspension and brake components on all 4 corners. So I figure the wheels will wait, but at least I now have a very good idea of what I'll need to get the stance I'm looking for.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just take you time and do the research. I am trying to figure out what wheel I want to run and building to that. Others will tell you to build your car and find a wheel to fit. In my opinion, that's easier said than done.

I WANT to run 280ZX struts/brakes with cut 280Z springs. The problem is finding a wheel that has the right offset too look good and fit the back of my wagon. Wish someone made a 16X6. cool.gif

Just take you time and do the research. I am trying to figure out what wheel I want to run and building to that. Others will tell you to build your car and find a wheel to fit. In my opinion, that's easier said than done.

I WANT to run 280ZX struts/brakes with cut 280Z springs. The problem is finding a wheel that has the right offset too look good and fit the back of my wagon. Wish someone made a 16X6. cool.gif

15x7 et12 I think is about right. GreenGoon is running spacers on the back of his goon. He has 510 struts. he has 15x7 et20.

Wheel thread? :rolleyes: