510 Coilovers? What company? What spring rate?

datsunpilot

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am doing the 280zx struts but am unsure about what company to go with whether ground-control or someone mentioned tanabe maybe. When looking at the GCs it asks what spring rate and length? I need advice on this. There are too many variables it seems with rates, and shocks and all.

Thanks

There are many threads about different spring rates and coilovers. Lots to read and research.

I am using GC coilovers and Hypercoil 200 lbs springs on my VG33 project. But this might not be what you want. It all depends on your intended uses for the car. I plan to use my car as a weekend driver. Maybe I will do an occasional auto cross or track day with it. I want my car to lean towards the side of comfort. I do not want a bone jarring super stiff suspension.

First figure out how the car will be used and then you will be better able to choose which spring rates will work for you.

I plan on using it as a weekend fun car and maybe a few autoxs as well. Its not a purpose built race car by any means. I have owned some great handling cars and just dont want this to be poor so that I dont want to drive it but I dont want it to have ricer bounce either thats just awful. I am looking to see what people have done with proven results and happy owners.

I personally am a Ground Control user and like them. One of the orginators of the affordable coil over kit makers and they have the knowledge and background. Ermish kits do look good and believe they are good units based on the components he uses to make his kits and yeah Troy does have a track background and has been a 510 owner/enthusiast for a long time. In other words stick with companies that have experience