WTB: 510 rear suspension

Anyone parting out a 510 that has a good rear suspension they would want to part with? And is willing to ship it, assuming you're not within 500 miles of me?

Worst-case-scenario I could make do with a good complete pair of control arms/spindles and a mustache bar, but would prefer to buy complete if possible. ;)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't suppose you're taking a trip west any time soon? :P

As a matter of fact, I'm headed to Portland for some fun in April - but that's not TX and I'm taking an plane.

What parts do you need? The control arms get pretty heavy with hubs, bearings, wheel cylinders, and drums, but if you don't need all that it could be reasonable to ship? I dunno - willing to weigh and estimate if you'd like, let me know.

I needed a part once, a rear control arm in fact!, and I couldn't find one "around here". I paid a bit to get it shipped, of course, but my problem was solved and I was just trying to pay it back/forward/lateral.

• 3 weeks later...

What parts do you need? The control arms get pretty heavy with hubs, bearings, wheel cylinders, and drums, but if you don't need all that it could be reasonable to ship? I dunno - willing to weigh and estimate if you'd like, let me know.

Well, I'm putting a 510 sedan IRS into something that is not a 510 sedan, so... I need as much as I can get. I have an "extra" crossmember and diff, so complete arms and a mustache bar will get me where I need to go. :cool:

No idea where you live but I'm west coast of Washington and have full rear suspension from a 78 you point at all the stuff you want I wrap it in ducttape and paper bags and take it to ups covered in stamps. Or some other way to ship that would work better. Ha if you don't end up getting it from the keeper pm me and I'll make something happen have a couple tokiko? Shocks no idea what they are an I'll include them for free. Ha only one recoils though so you'd need to fix or replace the other one

Oh. Missed that thought it was suspension in general. Nope strait Axle ftw anyways. Granted I've never driven IRS but strait Axel will get you anywhere and get you sideways just fine lol

Yeah, but it won't get you negative camber. And that's what I'm after. :cool:

Don't get the wrong idea, though. I have no problems with a solid axle. ;)

But it will save you a million dollars a week in worn out hard cambered tires lol bit that will be lost just as quick doing mean solid Axel burnouts. Lol lowered cars with a ton of camber look broken in my oppinion. Lowered cars with tires sitting flat is agressive. Not tryna push my parts on you justsaying. Some cars do look pretty good with the camber but datos are meant to perform not look like veedubs jk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.