620 KC guys

Z-train

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Torch On or Torch Down rolled roofing tar. It's cheap, dry, easy to cut, deadens sound. Can be warmed (not like in the video) and becomes pliable and will press into the corrugations in the back panel. Use a propane torch to lightly melt the surface and it will 'weld' to another piece. I got a few roll ends that were thrown away from a construction site and lined the floors and back of the 620. Put the panels back on and lay the carpet and it's all good.

Mike-the back panel is going to be diamond plate.Will there be enough room?

... i personally dont get what you mean by "will there be enough room".... if your wondering about the thickness of the tar paper and the diamond plate, id be more worried about the diamond plate not fitting due to its own thickness....

i have the same stuff as mike (alot of housing construction here) and its honestly about 1/10th of an inch (im over guessing if anything).... but on top of that i have some sound deadening foam the interior waffer board, some more foam ( for a design) with tweed on the panel... and it fits in quite nicely .... i think in the thinnest spots its probably 1/4 of an inch, and the thickest parts of it is about an inch