How to remove Ft Bumper

krl1488

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the bolts on the ends ( on the fenders) is what i think you are asking.

just turn your wheel so you have room to get your arm in the wheel well, feel around for the bolt.

i think its a 12mm but it could be a 14mm.

if its not those ones your talking about, just open the hood and look down, there are four bolts (two on each side).

Thanks everyone

It was a 12mm 4 bolts 2 in 2 between the inside headlights.

You know what though I don't think that there are bolts at the end of the fenders I think those bolts conect the coner pice to the main bumper

There is a single small bolt connecting each the outside ends of the chrome bumper to each of the front fenders. You can just barely reach with a 1/4" drive ratchet and socket. (I thought they were 10mm but could be 12mm) There are two curved brackets mounted to the rear of the bumper that reach down and in under the grill and line up with and attach it to each frame rail with two bolts.

In no way can this 'bumper' protect the truck from any frontal impact. If hit, they collapse inward and because they are attached to the fenders, usually ruin them also.