headlights now

laotsu

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is reading off the cover. Some amperages I am not too sure about. for example, the headlights. The high beam only lamps were 37.5 watts each, and the high side of the high/low lamps were 50 watts each, That is 175 watts, total. divide by 12 volts, and you get 14.6 amps. A 20 amp fuse should be fine.

Reality is that is still a lot of current to run through a 1/4 spade connector. In the picture above, notice how the boot on the red wire has been hot, and burnt slightly. If this connector has been hot, so has the connector clips that hold the fuse. The element in a glass fuse is only soldered to the end caps. I have seen fuses that look good, but have no connection inside them.

That is reading off the cover. Some amperages I am not too sure about. for example, the headlights. The high beam only lamps were 37.5 watts each, and the high side of the high/low lamps were 50 watts each, That is 175 watts, total. divide by 12 volts, and you get 14.6 amps. A 20 amp fuse should be fine.

Reality is that is still a lot of current to run through a 1/4 spade connector. In the picture above, notice how the boot on the red wire has been hot, and burnt slightly. If this connector has been hot, so has the connector clips that hold the fuse. The element in a glass fuse is only soldered to the end caps. I have seen fuses that look good, but have no connection inside them.