Southern Idaho Datsun Enthusiasts Info Thread...

sick620

Sorry dogs been busy at my new job... been working 10 hour days... We are still doing the 2 monthly meets every month soidahodatsuns.webs.com .... Its a must everyone makes one of those meets every month.... Ive been recruiting new guys... Theres a 510 in fruitland wanting to join... a 610 in ontario.... a sentra ser locally..... a 280z in mountain home.... all of them are very interested... So im just trying to get everything running strong and smooth....

• Like 1
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I may have picked up a new member for SIDE.

I was at the vintage cycle junk yard the other day looking for a thumper project and a guy tried to buy my truck :)

I told him how much I've put into it already and that I just rebuilt the motor, ect, ect... well I told him to check the ad Gayge puts on craigslist. He seemed interested... so yeah.

Damn yesterday Gage helped me do a heater core hose, brought me a filler neck, installed a clutch slave, and then he cleaned me house. all after I sold his shotgun to mexicans. oh yeah farmer joe I finally got a roll of cork gasket one layer worked like a charm no more oily motor now Im gonna have to wash the engine bay

Got the exhaust leak fixed today. Only took me like 3hours. Sounds MUCH better.

I almost have the new air cleaner finished too. I'll post pics tomorrow once I get it painted up.

I thought about raising up the torsion bars to match the front height to the bed. I don't think I raised it back up enough after I was messing with it last summer. I'm not sure if I should leave the front a bit low and "forward looking" go up so the truck looks flush with the road. Eventually I want to get bigger tires to it raise the truck up a bit more.

:) maybe get some Titans on there :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the RSVP invite to the BBQ there Gage, but I will not be able to attend. I have been working 10 hour shifts since the the 10th and I've only had one 2 days off. This will continue unitl until the end of the month. On top of that I have been trying to get as much study time in for a Certification needed by the DoD in order for me to stay employed. Every waking moment is spent eitehr working, eating or studying.

I look forward to some fatty ass paychecks here soon though.

• 2 months later...

So sorry I haven't been to any meets lately. I FINALLY got a new house. I'm in Nampa now so joining you folks for the meets won't be too big of a deal now assuming they are still happening. Got a sweet ass 2 car garage now so I'll finally be able to do some work on the truck proper like. Hope you guys haven't given up on me.

The truck is still running like a raped ape. I drive it back/forth to work nearly every day. I've probably put at least 15k miles on it since the engine rebuild.