Stock carb runs rough

So my L16 has a stock carb on it. When my father in law had the truck the original carb took a crap and instead of buying a weber he just had me buy another new stock carb through the parts house. I told him for the same money he could get a weber with better performance and mpg. He said no, he just wanted it all original. OK fine, his money.

So the carb has bout 7500 miles on it, no probs runs great for stock. Starts right up in -20 degree weather. Here lately after it warms up it has been running rough with no choke. If I pull choke cable out just a smidge it smooths out and runs like a raped ape. I mean the choke knob is only out a half inch or less. It idles fine with no choke, under a load is when it coughs and sputters and runs like crap!

Any ideas?? I ran it to Idaho like this, choke slightly out. It does not seem to effect mpg or power.

l

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well if you have to get it running by chokin it it, that means that theres something in one of the jets...

when you choke its en-richening it at the low speed and it gets the gas i usually should...

i would suggested cleaning the jets out... maybe just a whole carb cleaning... and new fuel filters.. i have 2 on my truck.. one by the tank and one by the carb... it helps..

hope you get it figured out..