wtb r16

i need an r16 short or long block or complete motor. found out mine has a window in it and i pulled the rod out without unbolting anything. the piston wasnt there when i unbolted the head, i think its in the pan in peices :blink:

heres mine

SNC00932.jpg

SNC00931.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch.

So whats the story? How'd you blow it?

We pulled a 7M apart once, same thing, piston was nowhere to be found, huge chunk out of the cylinder wall, rod bent into a U, and driven into the block so hard it took a hammer and punch to remove it.:huh:

i didnt blow it. i bought it like this and was gonna try to fire it so i replaced the fuel lines and was gonne put spark and fuel to it. went to hook a power wire to the starter and noticed wat looked like a free socket and ratchet... it ended up being the piston pin sticking out the side of the block, i was to say the least a lil disappointed and pissed at the same time.

reaper: wat do u want for it? and wat do u mean by the valve comes up?

oh shit just saw u said l16... i need an r16 2 totally different beast.

only other thing id consider b4 doing a full swap is a h20. wiki says its the same motor basically. so id say u woodnt be able to tell if u werent looking for it?

Didnt you buy 67 wrx's wagon? What happened to the motor he was rebuilding for it?

the block is still in hock at the machine shop $90. and id have to rebuild it completely. im looking for a good bottom end so i dont gotta source pistons and such. just put my top end one. the head survivrd and i have 67wrxs head from his motor both seem good

That is really bad news! If nothing, and I really mean nothing, else pans out you could with difficulty have the busted cylinder bored out and a liner installed [sort of like Triumphs and after marker Chevy Vegas rebuilds] and the side wall welded by some real expert who is certified to weld cast iron. Swapping in a roadster engine with the unique RL411 parts transplanted is the better way. The 2 Liter roadster engine is the basic R 1600 with the camshaft replaced by a jackshaft to an OHC driver timing chain and an OHC head dropped in place. Race cam and 2 Delorttos will get you a tire smoker. Nominally 150 HP, but tightly fitted [blueprinted] engines have been known to hit 165 HP, don't know for how long. Hope everything works out for you!

i think ur thinking of the u20 not the h20

wiki says this and its wat ive been going off of, but someone correct me if wiki is giving me bad info

Inline-4

[edit] H

The basic H is a 1.9 L (1883 cc) engine produced from 1962 for Nissan's Cedric. Bore was 85 mm (3.3 in) and stroke was 83 mm (3.3 in). The 8.0:1 compression version produced 92 hp (69 kW) and 117 ft·lbf (159 Nm), while a high-compression engine (8.5:1) produced 95 hp (71 kW) and 120 ft·lbf (163 Nm).

Applications:

[edit] H20

The H20 is the most-common member of the family. Displacing 2.0 L (1982 cc) thanks to a larger (87.2 mm) bore, all H20 engines produced 99 hp (74 kW) and 123 ft·lbf (167 Nm).

Applications:

Also N230S, T40, forklifts and other machinery

[edit] H16(R16)

The R16 motor utilised essentially the same block as the H20, but a shorter piston stroke resulted in a capacity reduction of 387cc. The R16 was later named a H16. The "R" motor made the switch from 3 to 5 main bearings during its life for improved reliability, and the H20 was developed from this arrangement. The R/H16 bore and stroke is 87.2mm x 66.8mm producing 1595cc, 8.0:1 compression, 147 kg/324 lbs +/-90HP

Applications: The R16 motor was used in the SP(L)-311 1600 Datsun Fairlady Roadster, the R(L)411 SSS Bluebird, and later the N140 Datsun Junior.

[edit] U20

The U20 was similar to the H20 but with an SOHC cylinder head designed by Prince. It was used only in the Datsun Fairlady SR311. The U20 produces 135-150 hp.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.