FOUND: Do you know what this belongs to?

flatcat19

So I met up with a guy here in my town. He is a Ratsun member(521Kid.) And owns 3 521's. In the bed of one of his 521's was a stockpile of unknown parts that came with that specific truck. Among those items was this...

DSC04907.jpg

DSC04903.jpg

DSC04904.jpg

DSC04906.jpg

DSC04905.jpg

It's been sitting in the dirt, but is in great shape. Even all of the heat shield bolts came out easily. It lined up to a w58 head.

This isn't the coveted "exhaust manifold of the gods", is it? What does this go to? Is it of any proper use?

With me mentioning the w58 head-there was one of those present. It was completely bare though. No valves. No springs. No cam. Nothing but the head. It did have the metal sleeves in it. (Sorry, no pictures.) Worthwhile?

If it makes any difference...I'm wanting to beef up my truck. It is all stock. 210 head. Smog pump attached. I'm know nothing about all of this Datsun stuff. But love mine enough to want to show her some love.

Thanks guys.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is from any '78 car or truck L20B. It fits the W-58 round port head. Not recommended for a square port head.

L18 will fit the L16...

enginepossibleL18620exhaust.jpg

Header vs. L16 manifold

hearervsstockL16-18.jpg

motorL16exhaustmanifold.jpg

standardand4intotwoexhaust003.jpg

standardand4intotwoexhaust002.jpg

There are at least two designs.....

standardand4intotwoexhaust001.jpg

I'm just all about transmissions you know......

.... well maybe.

Check your truck to see if its got the factory exhaust manifold... If its as stock as it looks you should already have the good one... Change your search for a closed chamber head or a U67 with an L20 cam and a matchbox or electronic dizzy :cool:

H2theizzo has/had a close chamber in the for sale section for dirt cheap that needed cleaned up/rebuilt...