My build thread y0

nowwhat

so i brought home a 71 510 last year that was in peices missing some random crap here and there so i decided id get it decently presentable before i brought it infront of the ratsun community in build thread form and this prolly is in direct violation of ratsuns rules but im just gonna kinda try and make this a daily updated thread of s@&t i do during the day and random crap so time for moar pictars as promised y0

like a week after it came home

IMG_4063.jpg

engine bay when i got it

DSC00010.jpg

random trunk shot

DSC00012.jpg

free valance i got like a week ago

DSC00032.jpg\

interior

DSC00009.jpg

the way it is now

DSC00035.jpg

and a virtual cookie to a photochopper who can make it sit really low in this shot

DSC00034.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking 510

Are you wanting to figure out if it is a 4 or 5 speed? ...or what sort of ID are you looking for?

thanks meng i like it itll be white eventually but i think its gonna stay the way it is

mainly i ask cause the rear x member doesnt line up with the trans mount for it so just an ID on like if i have a 210 trans or something?:huh:

nice car dude, i have alot of l16 parts that i will not be using so if your planning on keeping the l16 let me know and we can work some great deals for your car.

good luck with the built.

thanks man

Yeah I'm sticking with the L for now (Wanna go either L20 or KA but thats a ways out from now) but At the moment I'm solely looking for a windshield but after that id say header and a peanut head

If your in Oregon google z therapy, I think they have a windshield but I'm not sure I it's a wagon or sedan or coupe windshield.

And let m know what parts you need for your l16 I have almost a entire motor just sitting wround

im not in oregon and wagon sedan and coupe windshields are all the same if i remember correctly

as of right now the peice of the exhaust from the header to the cat

Also those of us who are pinstripers i was considering doing some pinstripes on the hood trunk and the doors can i get a rough estimate on how much this might cost me?? (no updates yet i HATES the rain im considering busting out the tarps and making tent city to get some work done)

• 4 weeks later...

wow took some digging to find my build thread so im in the process of sorting out the wiring in the front half of the car and i has hazards and working interior indicators and a charge light anyone know how to test a headlight switch without a oem connector? also wheres the relay for the turnsignals????? blink.gif

Also those of us who are pinstripers i was considering doing some pinstripes on the hood trunk and the doors can i get a rough estimate on how much this might cost me?? (no updates yet i HATES the rain im considering busting out the tarps and making tent city to get some work done)

i had my 63 impala striped by a well known striper for $120. that was the front of the hood, the trunk lid, above the rear emblems and the dash

did some more wiring work today got the running lights,low beams brake lights, interior dash lights, still no turn signals or high beams.... i has some oics just cant find the cable to uploadz them........

anyone know where the relay is for the turnsignals..... i have an idea just wanna see if im right

also does a AZ ratsun member have a windshield?