AHHHH water!!!!!

Eagle_Adam

I woke up this morning and got in my truck to find a sizable puddle of water in the passenger side foot well. :angry: Upon further inspection there was a little bit of water in the drivers side foot well too :( I have no idea where its coming from but i do know why i am just seeing it now. Can anybody tell me where the water might be coming from? or is anybody willing to take a look at it i can come to you or you can come to me. I'm in Beaverton OR 97007 I don't care if i have to give u some smoke, a case of beer or some cash :D. i gotta put an end to the water!!!!!!!!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could remove the wiper arms and unbolt the cowl behind the hood where the wiper linkages are and remove. Water in there has to escape through a very small hole on either side under the fender and just ahead of the top door hinge. Sinse this area is prone to filling with pine needles and maple keys they can plug and rust. If enough water it will spill over into the heater air inlet. Usually though, the seam up under the dash a few inches below the wind shield will rust out. Never hurts to poke these drains open in the fall and hose out.

The wind shield rubber gasket could also be leaking anywhere and run down the sides and along the bottom and inside.

Watch under neath with a flash light while someone hoses the outside and look for anything obvious.

• Like 1

You should have smelled the truck when it rained here in SoCal for a week straight..... phew...

Took three days of open windows and a squash air freshener to get rid of the mildew smell.

Traced the leak to the windshield rubber, tossed a bit of clear silicone until i source a new windshield, a crack may look small but it's enough for it to leak inside.

datto510 i checked on the heater core hose and the rad and they are good to go :D I'm going to remove the cowl this weekend and see what kinds of goodies i can find in there. I'm also gunna have a good look at the seals around the glass to make sure there are no cracks in the rubber. If anybody else has any ideas as to why this is happening I'm all ears!