I LOVE RATSUN!!! no homo! lol

REEP! Take it from me, get a turn-key motor swap and save money. Try to go with a OBD1 system since they are easier to integrate and bypass unnecessary shitz, unless of course you have access to EVERYTHING that goes with an OBD2 system. That rear will be difficult to pull off I'm thinkin, but anything is possible with time, money, and some measuring/welding skills. Not trying to be a naysayer or crush your dreams or anything, I wish you the best and look forward to seeing the direction you go with your truck.

Well thank you very much! I know who to come to if i have any questions! I saw that you have a KA in your truck too! LOOKS AMAZING!:D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

Yeah i bought my baby not running... Guy had the wrong firing order! lol when i saw it and saw that the order was wrong and he was selling for 200 i jumped right on it! It still runs but theres something wrong that i cant figure out what it is... Truck bogs on me and then shuts off.

is yer "charge light on"??? have you checked the points?? may be a bad carb??

Guest DatsuNoob

Well thank you very much! I know who to come to if i have any questions! I saw that you have a KA in your truck too! LOOKS AMAZING!:D

Not trying to sound like Mr. Know-it-all, just speaking on personal experience from tossing a wad o' cash out the window gathering things separately. Much more cost effective to buy a complete package, or you spend a small fortune. Thank you for the compliment too. It's by no means finished, but getting close! I'm off in a couple hrs and looking forward to a nice 10 day stretch of paid time off, spent in the garage gettin after the final details. Pretty excited!

Much more cost effective to buy a complete package, or you spend a small fortune.

^^^Truth ,,, This has been my experience ,,, I end up paying 3-4x what parts are worth if I get lucky gather up enough of what I need last couple of projects ( including current one :rolleyes: :lol: )

Not trying to sound like Mr. Know-it-all, just speaking on personal experience from tossing a wad o' cash out the window gathering things separately. Much more cost effective to buy a complete package, or you spend a small fortune. Thank you for the compliment too. It's by no means finished, but getting close! I'm off in a couple hrs and looking forward to a nice 10 day stretch of paid time off, spent in the garage gettin after the final details. Pretty excited!

Dang, that sounds Awesome! Got a text from the guy today said i can take a look at the KA tomorrow! Im excited about that!

The head casting is just above the block on the lower edge of the head just behind the #1 spark plug.

This is a V912. Yours would be a 210 but because it would normally have an L20B the U-67 head may have been kept, I would.

V912Lhead.jpg

The valve is sinking into the head and you are running out of adjustment.

Quick fix... remove rocker pivot and adjuster nut. Grind nut down thinner. You may have to grind a few threads off the bottom of the pivot if it bottoms out in the hole. This should get you going, but you need to correct this problem

The valve is sinking into the head and you are running out of adjustment.

Quick fix... remove rocker pivot and adjuster nut. Grind nut down thinner. You may have to grind a few threads off the bottom of the pivot if it bottoms out in the hole. This should get you going, but you need to correct this problem

The valve is coming up...:( The filler gauge doesnt go through at all.

2eDeYe' date='23 December 2010 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1293155825' post='397035']

How was it running before? Your seat might be shot. If that's the case another head is fairly inexpensive and it's not a very difficult swap.

Edit: Watch out for Kama and Noob their a little off ;)

It was running ok not on the great side.<_< When i would give it too much goes it would stay at the same speed.:unsure: parts here in Yuma are very difficult to come by. The closest ive been in finding parts for my truck, are on here and ebay! lol Ratsun has been a great help so far!:D