SU Carb Rebuildes

brodster

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if your going to go out and spend the money to have your SU's done up go to Z Therapy.

Steve has so much crazy cool shit going down in this shops , only half of one of his shops is actually Z therapy stuff lol.

the rest is full of parts, datsun race cars, rare datsuns, and just his huge collection of datsuns and datsun parts :lol:

hes been goin at datsuns since the 70's and is the best person to go to for anything SU..... or anything datsun or performance mechanical for that matter lol

if your going to go out and spend the money to have your SU's done up go to Z Therapy.

Steve has so much crazy cool shit going down in this shops , only half of one of his shops is actually Z therapy stuff lol.

the rest is full of parts, datsun race cars, rare datsuns, and just his huge collection of datsuns and datsun parts :lol:

hes been goin at datsuns since the 70's and is the best person to go to for anything SU..... or anything datsun or performance mechanical for that matter lol

Yeah, just cruising around on the internet I started to gather that Ztherapy was really good. He seems pricey but worth it.

Actually, I am not planning on buying SU's. My orginal plan was to get a closed chamber head, basic port match, and cam with 38mm SU's. However, now I have a U67 head, bigger intake valves, porting, and cam. I figured something like 40mm Mikunis would be best for street fun. This will be on an L20b.

I was more curious about this rebuilder of SU's. Again, most likely won't be getting SU's.

How much difference do the webers or Mikunis make over SUs?

From what I have read, the SU's (38mm) are great for low-end power and good for mid-range. They are simple to maintain and tune. They provide good fuel economy.

Supposedly the webers and Mikuni's provide a lot more top-end power. Fuel economy isn't as good. I guess that all depends on what size you run. I think 40mm is Mikunis would be great for street operation and would provide great power in the RPMS that are normal. But that is what I have researched.

I am sure the other guys have much more info that is better.

How much difference do the webers or Mikunis make over SUs?

Quite a bit of difference as they are more tunable then the SU's are, you have pretty much one intake per cylinder,and not to mention a few hp.

This caught my attention a while back though http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8103 and http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7180 if you have some time and are wanting to do something a little different.

• 3 weeks later...