Australian datsun 620 project

kona480

Hey guys i'm 18 from QLD and this is my 3rd car but my 1st project. I bought these 2 utes off a mates dad for $700. They seem to be in pretty good condition, i was driving the white one as soon as I got it home, just needed to borrow a battery. My plans are to use the blue ones chassis as it is a 79 model long wheel base with 98 nissan navara front disk brakes. I will probably use the white cab because it's in better condition and for the doors/panels I will have to see which are in better condition. I want to buy a new tub for the back and put airbags in the rear only with drop spindles up front. My plan is to make it like a japanese style rat rod. What do you all think?

cheers

Shayne

http://s839.photobucket.com/albums/zz316/kona480/Datsun%20620%20project/ here is a link, i'm not sure if it will work but let me know if it does.

• Like 1
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun Bro! I personally dont like layin frame, but to each thier own. Look like you got a great starting plan. But what would be really cool is combine the two and make a crew cab 4 door or make it a extended cab out of them, there is a couple build threads here so it can be done. Then slam it, BTW did you know Titanium drag blocks make white sparks when they hit the pavement? ;)

disconnect the whole steering at the steering box.......take the steering box out, along with the dash, pedals and cut the firewall out and ship me all of it so I can put right hand drive in my longbox!! .............oh wait you won't do that? Dang......

To pull the cab off completely you will want to remove the entire steering column........it attatches under the dash, to the firewall and to the joint on the steering box.

It is really dark here or i would take some oic's.........

Good to see more AU guys here, let alone more longbox truck's (sorry just can't get used to the word ute LOL)

Longbox4life

Bill

I'm in Brisbane

oooohhhhh mini truckn in qld, brisbane 2, just be careful mate the cops are pretty bad im sure your aware,

might be right being an old school one tho, i got rid of mine and it wasnt even that low i didnt think, copper did 4 points an 333 bucks and he said if i see it again its gone,

same deal with my bro but his was bagged in the arse, had to go to court, 800 bucks, car never to be registered again, near lost his license and his job :angry:

oooohhhhh mini truckn in qld, brisbane 2, just be careful mate the cops are pretty bad im sure your aware,

might be right being an old school one tho, i got rid of mine and it wasnt even that low i didnt think, copper did 4 points an 333 bucks and he said if i see it again its gone,

same deal with my bro but his was bagged in the arse, had to go to court, 800 bucks, car never to be registered again, near lost his license and his job :angry:

Yeah I know it sucks. We are so unlucky with modification laws in Aus.

Yesterday I pulled the dash out and the accelerator, clutch and handbrake cables. I started pulling the steering column out but it started raining so I had to stop and cover it up because the garage roof leaks haha, you can see how wet it got. So as soon as the column comes out it should be ready to remove the cab. Looking at the blue cab it doesn't look too bad. There is a bit of rust in the firewall, battery tray and the front of the door sills where the quarter panels were stuck on with bog, but thats about it. It must have had some work done already because it has been painted, clearly done with a paint brush lol. I was thinking that the white body was better but now I think I will just keep the blue one. The white one has some rust in the sills and doors but it has a very clean engine bay. I might use the motor from the white one because it runs nicely, the blue one is a bit smokey. Anyway here is some pics.IMG_0679.jpgIMG_0680.jpgIMG_0681.jpgIMG_0682.jpgIMG_0683.jpgIMG_0684.jpgIMG_0686.jpgIMG_0687.jpgIMG_0688.jpgIMG_0691.jpg

too many http's :D

should look like this;

[ IMG]http:/ /i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz316 /kona480/Datsun%20620%20project /IMG_0691.jpg[/img]

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

the cabs dont look too bad, just some work on the sills really, that floor in the blue one looks like it was done properly :D

I am having some trouble getting the steering column out, It wont go any further than in the pics. It wound out that far but just stops. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Do I have to take off that plate on the top of the steering box?

stIMG_0702.jpgstIMG_0701.jpg