Datsun 1600 Flared Fenders

TriniGT

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got my flares from Neely Motorsports (calif) I dont think they in bussiness anymore but Neely is still around somewhere.

I had smashed the front of the car and needed a new front set but otherwise the org owner did this in 81-83(the box flares and had not cracks)

these are fiberglass flares( I never seen metal Box flares like this) posted from Jim Cook racing as he list them with a photo. But Neely had photos on his website when he still had his shop. He had a short version as the one pitured and a Long version that started from the door line to the rear back panel. Now I havent reshearched this in a long time but I really dont know if Jim Cook still sells them or if Neely can still get them. Maybe get on the Bluebirds list or get on the 510realm again and see if Specialty Engineering makes them in Canada.

Dislexicdime I dont post phots of my yellow car too much casue people have seen it all too often the same photos and some just hate the car. I wouldnt have chop the TOP but it is what it is.

photos for you , car was a 4dr

yellow510_thumb.jpg

HPIM0261_thumb.jpg

compomotivewheel_thumb.jpg

1975RD350_thumb.jpg

well usually this is a kit buy can be bought separately as I only needed the front fenders and the airdam.

I had a buddy shop install the flares and there is work to be done on these. maybe reinforce the fiberglass. Also where the airdam wraps around the front there is a place on top that needed to be cut so it could wrap around the front fender then pop riveted on.

some people blend(bondo them together) but I say dont cause I it will crack.

My fender is cracked already(see it in the paint) cause of my driveway approach agle and the airdam pushed on the fender causing the crack.

I dont drive it much and if I do I drive on roads I know and if there a big rock on the road Im gonna hit it either in the airdam or X member the car is low and they added a upper/lower frame reinforcement to keep the car from folding in half since the roof was removed.

PS If you have a straight rust free car I say skip the flares. If the car was rotted in the fenders and had rust on back that would be cut out and covered up I say Yeah go for the Box flares cause I like the look myself.20years before the 1st M3 BMW

Wings West was another seller of fiberglass parts

this guy might know

http://www.rallye-sport.com/catalog2.htm

• 9 months later...

I own the Quikskin molds. They are now in New Hampshire of all places. Recently I arranged to have a composites shop start making parts from them again. The list of molds is extencive and only a few components have been priced out to date.

TriniGT, I have box flares like those in the photo you posted. I also have molds for BRE Bubble flares and even larger box flares like on the car below.

149t2.JPG

149t1.JPG

I offer fiberglass with polyester resin in a wet lay-up process, fiberglass/epoxy resin vacuum bagged and carbon fiber/epoxy resin vacuum bagged.

I can be contacted at dwpatten "at" gsnet.net for a complete list of available panels and a partial price list.

FUTO Fab

c/o Dave Patten

Dunbarton, NH

Link to new thread http://tinyurl.com/6nvnze

Edited by Dime Dave
To start a new thread, Link: http://tinyurl.com/6nvnze