Wanted: Primo daily driver 1200 or 510

All,

I am in the market for a good looking 1200 sedan or early 510. Must have good paint, no rust, straight body, and need nothing (or nearly nothing).

I am swimming in Datsuns, but none are pretty enough to park at work at my luxury car dealership job. So - I am looking for a little gem to drive every day that wont scare away the customers.

Ideally it would be a 1200 sedan with a CA18DET or 4AGE/ZE swap, hidden intercooler, and megasquirt conversion in some dark gray or silver. Tinted windows, S13 front suspension, 4 spot calipers, a little camber and castor, rack conversion, urithane bushings, LSD rear with disk brakes 4 link and coilover conversion, brake proportioning valve, Koneig rewind 15" wheels, welded steel flairs, some nice seats and MAYBE shaved handles with remote entry if you feel like cooking with fire.

I'm kidding. But seriously..

I would spend up to $4500 cash (in hand) for the right car. I am a full fledged Datsun freak - qualified and worthy to inherit someones love affair. I might even sell it back to you after my sedan project is done!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blatz cool to see you also have a Suzuki Swift GTI. I've always been fascinated with those and seriously thought about getting one before I fell into my obsession with Dattos. Still search craigslist here and there.

Wish I could help you out with a lead of your dream car here, alas I have not seen a 510 or 1200 in New England in 20 years.

Thats funny, I actually came into the GTi by accident.

I have a G13B engine in the garage that I picked up a while back, also have a Samurai transmission. Put them together and what do you get? One killer RWD powertrain for the 1200.

I was looking for more parts to do the swap when I found the Swift.. I went with a trailer to get it.. as a parts car. When I got there I found it in almost perfect condition and with a JDM body kit to boot. Took it home, fixed the fuel pump, and been driving it ever since.

I would really love to love it.. but i just can not stand front wheel drive.

Its for sale. $2500.

Its a total beater. Both of my current 1200's are in better shape and not even close to pretty enough to park on the lot at work. Hes dreaming at that price.. the car looks like a $1k job.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.