Epic Ratsun Repairs

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first (and only) time I went to the beaverton meet my throttle cable came lose from the pedal on the freeway. The little bolt I had connecting them came loose. I was following someone so I just reached down and grabbed the cable with my hand and pulled it to accelerate. haha. I fixed it when I arrived at the meet. But my passenger was questioning my driving style.

I don't know if that counts as a repair though.

I know this inst a Datsun story but i feel its relevant. My Dad has a '80 Vette that we just got done restoring the interior on. He took it to the shop to have its transmission rebuilt. Well he got it back and it was all good. About 2 days later he noticed a vibration so he decided to take it out for a spin to see if he could pinpoint it. He got about 30 feet from his driveway when the front U-joint let go with the motor revving around 4500 rpm. Well the drive shaft flopped around and came through the bottom of the fiberglass floor board, then the DS snapped off taking a peice of the differential with it, which then proceeded to put another huge whole in the floorboard behind the drivers seat where it busted the battery and ruined the brand new carpet. The guy at the transmission shop said it wasn't his fault that it failed because he didn't replace it. I still say its his fault for not checking it when he removed it from the tranny. This is why i check my u-joints every time i do a oil change.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the rear of the driveline come loose on my 76 celica. I bought new bolts and tightened it with what I had, no leverage for torque, so every 50 miles or so I got a vibration and re-"torqued" it until I bought some tools. This is the bed of my 521 now.....

0315111749a.jpg

:) I'm just glad nobody got hurt, that could have gone sooooo badly.

Guest kamakazi620

I had the rear of the driveline come loose on my 76 celica. I bought new bolts and tightened it with what I had, no leverage for torque, so every 50 miles or so I got a vibration and re-"torqued" it until I bought some tools. This is the bed of my 521 now.....

0315111749a.jpg

:) I'm just glad nobody got hurt, that could have gone sooooo badly.

Soo where exactly do you live in OC?????? I see a new to me tool kit!!!!!!!!!!! j/k :lol:

Guest kamakazi620

oh, not far, in right next to my loaded guns :) good luck getting through the lock without getting my attention.

Hahahahahahaa!!!!!!! yeah i grew up in OC and i still love that town you got to be packin with all the tweekers in OC