L16/18 exhaust manifold

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was informed that an L16/18 exhaust manifold would work on my L20B engine in my 76 620. Anyone have one for sale? Do I need new exhaust pipe?

Yes the exhaust from an L16/18 will fit..... but. You have a '76?

The L20B down pipe is a single round.... The L16/18 has two smaller pipes that join together about 8" down and then go back to the muffler. You will need the exhaust down pipe from a '74 or earlier truck and weld to your down pipe or replace back to the muffler. Further if switching to the L16/18 manifold you will need another intake as the intake and exhaust on your L20B is bolted together and cannot be used separately.

the manifolds are EZ to get but sourcing the correct Y pipe/with flange or have one made to go around the Torsion bar.

or you can buyt he Top End Performance header witch is short, but needs to be powder coated.

soemone on hear had spare flanges made up.

you use a manifold with a Y pipe still attached cut it short enough so the muffler shop can extend the pipe around the torsion bar.

If I want another exhaust manifold. what I do is put mine out in front yard with a sign saying Free. then next day there is another next to it then I sell that one

But it has been slow as I now have 3. 2 people said they need onw but they never show up

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.