my 1970 datsun 510 2dr 78k all original project

max121

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

b3e81164.jpg

Primed the floors with the rust doctor stuff I got that stuff rocks works instantly

96a65002.jpg

a2a8b825.jpg

d4b9a191.jpg

Not dry when I took pics but it dries clear where there's paint.

After it dries I'm going to use body sealant then topcoat

Not sure what I'm gonna use as topcoat but it's all gonna be dynomatted anyways

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

4fd6eaae.jpg

got my z22e a while back does anyone make a header for it that will fit a 510 i see the one on ebay but its for a truck does anyone know if it will fit? anyone on here ever made there own? it would be fun to make one

salvaged the stock a/c compressor off of the l-16

44a026c6.jpg

pretty rusty but still turns over, I will tear it down to see if its rebuildable. made by york parts are fairly available and cheap

Yup and I have a U67 head for sale.biggrin.gif

But then you will have to kiss the easy, cheap EFI away.

By the way Max, what kind of oil pan do you have on that motor? Is it a front sump, L16, or modded pan? I am in the process of modding mine for my Z20e transplant.

• Like 1

Doing a head swap to a u67 would be awesome but ATM I just need to stick with stock because I don't have the cash. But def. Something to do in future

As for the oil pan I'm am unsure, the motor came out of a 510 So I never really checked

I still have the stock motor if I run into any trouble there

The car in the first post I was forced to sell because of space it went up north and went for parts to save 3 other 510's

Yup and I have a U67 head for sale.biggrin.gif

But then you will have to kiss the easy, cheap EFI away.

By the way Max, what kind of oil pan do you have on that motor? Is it a front sump, L16, or modded pan? I am in the process of modding mine for my Z20e transplant.

WTF would I get a -1 rep for?twofinger_salute.gif

Doing a head swap to a u67 would be awesome but ATM I just need to stick with stock because I don't have the cash. But def. Something to do in future

As for the oil pan I'm am unsure, the motor came out of a 510 So I never really checked

I still have the stock motor if I run into any trouble there

The car in the first post I was forced to sell because of space it went up north and went for parts to save 3 other 510's

I agree with you. Putting on a L head would be awesome. Always wanted a hot LZ, but if you want EFI on that LZ, then yeah it will be a whole lot of time and money in comparison. Personally I am like you, I don't want to put a L head on the Z20e. Later maybe I will drop something else in.

I only ask about the oilpan because I at that point in my swap. If your engine has a front sump, you have to reverse your crossmember. Or you will have to change oilpan. I am doing the latter. Good luck.

Brodster:Just use your stock pan and pickup.

Stock as in L16 pan and pickup? Here is a pic I drew up a few days ago and I have been meaning on posting it up in a new project thread. The pan on the far left is what came off the stock 1980 200sx Z20e. Middle, L16 510 obviously. Right is a Z22 powered 720.

Oilpan-differences.jpg

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Max, but this MAY be relevant to your swap.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

looking into ordering lower ball joints for my 510 and i see there are 2 types 11mm and 14mm what ones do i need if im going to go with 280zx struts?

for that matter what years came with 11mm my car was made december of 69