Wanted: 620 Taillight housing!

i need a tail light housing (passenger side) for my 620, doesn't have to be in perfect shape, but must work and have wiring pig tail so i can just plug and play. my right blinker socket has the wire broken inside of itself, and i can't repair it...so let me know what you have and what you want for it. thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cruzen620

what you can do is buy another socket at the car parts store(electrical section) for your particlar bulb. 1157/1156 or whatever it is. If 1 contack or 2 contack.

cut the old one out and JB weld or your favorite glue in the new socket cup and then splice in the wires ,

This is how I fix my side marker lights. They are so old that the bulb rots on the socket. I cut the socket off and place in a new one. usually a plstic pc. the JB Weld it in . since it plastic I take the ground side and solder that to the housing(I clean and use MA flux)

then wait a few weeks then someone will give you the part FREE!!!!!!Then youll say I went thru the trouble of doing this!!!!

Its hard to get datsun people to send stuff so this might be a faster route to get it working before the cops pull you over

Thanks for the how-to hainz. I didnt know i could just go buy the sockets for the lights like that, since they looked made in, i figured i was going down the "get another" route. since i can't hurt it any worse, i will try your plan. and just like yours, my bulb had rot into the socket. it took a few picks and then a set of needle nose vise grips to get it out. i need to get me a soldering gun so i can make some good grounds with the housing, then i think i'll be set. i have tdaaj working on the part for me right now, and he is really good about shipping...so im still going to try to get the housing, but i'll also see if i can't try your way and at least get it working. i don't have to worry about cops much right now because i still don't have my brakes fixed...so im still not driving it

hmmm, well at least i know what im looking for now! on the contact thing, im pretty sure it had 2 wires coming out, so i would need to get a double contact socket because of that right? or i guess i could use your theory and solder my ground to the housing, then just run one wire out to the harness and splice in. am i thinking about this correctly? also, this is my turn signal bulb, not a brake or running light....its an 1156.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.