Ebay Projector Headlights

Radim

Was curious if anyone has used these ebay projector headlights, debating weather or not to buy them i have HIDs in some fluted lens sealed beams but they scatter the light way too much, i aimed them as best i could to get the best lighting and least probability of blinding other drivers... nobody has complained or flashed their highbeams at me yet but i don't want it to happen either...

I have 3,000K HIDs in my lowbeams..

Here are the headlights in question..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H5006-H5001-Projector-Headlights-Chrome-5-75-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20b467eb8cQQitemZ140465662860QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us know how it goes if you order them. Shipping kills the deal a bit, I think.

I was going to get something like this, but ordered Hella e-code lamps to replace my sealed beams. I'm going to run HID's in them as I've read that they have a sharper cut-off and good light focus. They cost a bit more than the e-bay lights ($90 shipped for 2 lamps) but I've read nothing but good things about them.

Those are absolute garbage. Had a set of them for my 510 and they scattered light worse than I have ever seen, and then they made this "hot spot" that was so far out, there was no amount of adjustment that could bring it down onto the road, and it was RIGHT in peoples faces, like a focused beam.

My friend down south adapted the BMW projectors into his Datto and I went down there and put HID's in for him. I have my 620 with crystal round headlights and hid's (low beams have the diffuser in front of the bulb, hi beams dont) and we both agree that I put out more useable light onto the road. And for what a bitch they were to put in, I don't think they are worth it.

I have been running and installing HID headlighting going on 12 years now, and it still amazes me all the problems people seem to have with getting the light pattern and aiming down right, and understanding the technology and its limitations.

Good luck

Bill

P.s. As far as the DDM tuning website goes. I tried them out, instead of buying through 1 of the 2 sellers I use on ebay. They are the same exact thing I recieved time and again from my ebay sellers, and they were 5 bucks more expensive with shipping, plus there is no ebay support when something gets screwed up (wich happened with the set i bought from them) and it was like pulling teeth to get a replacement ballast from them. Apparently anything that happens is my vehicles problem and not their product......... I have had bad stuff before from ebay too dont get me wrong, but there is alot more recourse through ebay.

Heres the fool poof installation.

https://www.ddmtunin...wnloaditemid=11

Sorta..................if you lived in a perfect world everything was plug n play and worked yea that would be great. Pretty comprehensive on how to do it, really no harder than replacing a standard bulb right. But what about hi beams that are triggered through the vehicles BCM, like almost all new cars are. CAN bus cars and trucks that have fluctuating voltage that freaks out ballasts. 7 out of 10 hi low kits when wired up are backwards, hi on low and low on hi, and no its not as simple as switching wires around LOL...........HID's are a pretty simple concept, but mostly due to stupid design flaws and wiring variables from different manufacturers, most installations go far beyond just putting the lights in your housings.

But still not too bad considering these same kits 12 years ago were in the 4 to 5 thousand dollar range, and now you can get them for under 40 bucks........makes it all seem a little better.

But calling it foolproof is a stretch, they will always build a better fool!

Bill

Sorta..................if you lived in a perfect world everything was plug n play and worked yea that would be great. Pretty comprehensive on how to do it, really no harder than replacing a standard bulb right. But what about hi beams that are triggered through the vehicles BCM, like almost all new cars are. CAN bus cars and trucks that have fluctuating voltage that freaks out ballasts. 7 out of 10 hi low kits when wired up are backwards, hi on low and low on hi, and no its not as simple as switching wires around LOL...........HID's are a pretty simple concept, but mostly due to stupid design flaws and wiring variables from different manufacturers, most installations go far beyond just putting the lights in your housings.

But still not too bad considering these same kits 12 years ago were in the 4 to 5 thousand dollar range, and now you can get them for under 40 bucks........makes it all seem a little better.

But calling it foolproof is a stretch, they will always build a better fool!

Bill

who buys new cars nowadays with fluctuating voltage? hahh ;)

Once you get the BMW projector housing in. This tut is basically all you need.

I understand where your coming from though.